Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I made a really huge mistake that I didn't realize would be harmful at the time. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    Either way, it would be nice to take comfort knowing that you're not the only one thinking she's taken it too far!
    You're right about that thank you so much for all the help! It does feel good to be able to talk about the mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    So did you get the scarf back or?
    did haha. She gave it to me herself. I felt so bad right then, but it did feel like she'd taken it for what it was: a well-intentioned joke. I apologized several times, but she was really sweet about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    You have a bit of an attitude don't you?
    It doesn't have to be 100% accurate but make it a bit more sensible
    Lol

Well go on clever clogs let's hear your completely sensible comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Lol

Well go on clever clogs let's hear your completely sensible comparison.
    I don't want to make a comparison because there is literally no point? OP understands what he/she did was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to make a comparison because there is literally no point? OP understands what he/she did was wrong.
    Yeah, not like you don't want to because you can't.

ReputationRep:
    Your teachers are definitely overreacting. Don't worry about it, you've done nothing wrong

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, not like you don't want to because you can't.
    Thing is I never said I could make a better comparison than you- that wasn't my point. I said your comparison was a bit stretched.

But you know, if you want to think that way, by all means do

ReputationRep:
    Thing is I never said I could make a better comparison than you- that wasn't my point. I said your comparison was a bit stretched.
    So how do you know what is a "sensible" comparison and what is not, if you can't make a better one yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I do. Thank you.

Let's please end this? I don't want to sound like an attention-seeker but I'm kinda depressed right now. It isn't encouraging.

ReputationRep:
    So how do you know what is a "sensible" comparison and what is not, if you can't make a better one yourself?
    Thank you, but I don't need a comparison. But I have a feeling this isn't about me anymore haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reminiscence-)
    I do. Thank you.

Let's please end this? I don't want to sound like an attention-seeker but I'm kinda depressed right now. It isn't encouraging.
    Of course, and I agree. Hope things go better for you

ReputationRep:
    I do. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxlxlee)
    Your teachers are definitely overreacting. Don't worry about it, you've done nothing wrong
    Thank you for the encouragement Maybe I should believe that.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, but I don't need a comparison. But I have a feeling this isn't about me anymore haha
    Yeah you're right that kid was trying to make himself feel superior but then couldn't make a comparison when questioned lol

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting something life-altering when I clicked on this thread.

It's minor, it will blow over.

ReputationRep:
    You graduated. You've learned the one life lesson from school now that'll carry you throughout life, however you use it.

Manipulation. Avoid, use, know. (Gz by the way(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    I was expecting something life-altering when I clicked on this thread.

It's minor, it will blow over.
    You're annoyed, but I feel so much better. It felt life-altering, the way the whole school was talking about me haha

ReputationRep:
    You're annoyed, but I feel so much better. It felt life-altering, the way the whole school was talking about me haha
    nope, if anything I'm glad that it's not the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akCambridge)
    You graduated. You've learned the one life lesson from school now that'll carry you throughout life, however you use it.

Manipulation. Avoid, use, know. (Gz by the way(
    Wow, tbh, that's so true. You're right about this. Thank you for the answer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.