How and when to start properly revising for gcses?

Watch
Ioneg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When should I start to crack on with my revision? How should I start? I’m in year 11.
Thanks.
xnotapplicablex
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5015834
Twinkybobs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Ioneg;74275904]When should I start to crack on with my revision? How should I start? I’m in year 11.
Thanks.[/When I was in year 11, I started in November, only like 1 hour every night including revision clubs. I really started with revision at the end of January. I was probably doing a couple hours every night, with some nights working to the late hours. When I got to may and June I was getting up at 5.00 every morning revising and staying up until 11
(Original post by Ioneg)
When should I start to crack on with my revision? How should I start? I’m in year 11.
Thanks.

When I was in year 11, I started in November, only like 1 hour every night including revision clubs. I really started with revision at the end of January. I was probably doing a couple hours every night, with some nights working to the late hours. When I got to may and June I was getting up at 5.00 every morning revising and staying up until 11 revising. That may have been too much but it worked for me.
cactuss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
asap
Ioneg
Rep:
?
Thanks.
Ioneg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Twinkybobs)
When I was in year 11, I started in November, only like 1 hour every night including revision clubs. I really started with revision at the end of January. I was probably doing a couple hours every night, with some nights working to the late hours. When I got to may and June I was getting up at 5.00 every morning revising and staying up until 11 revising. That may have been too much but it worked for me.
Okay, that’s useful. Thank you. I’m going to start after half term I think!
Ioneg
Rep:
?
(Original post by cactuss)
asap
definitely!
JimTalent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You should've started in year 7
Ioneg
Rep:
?
(Original post by JimTalent)
Well I didn’t start my gcse courses until year 9/10…
JimTalent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ioneg)
Well I didn’t start my gcse courses until year 9/10…
I was joking.
professormcr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Year 4 *
Ioneg
Rep:
?
I was joking.
As was I.
Rose_Aria
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had my mocks after christmas so revised over christmas for them, then had a break from revision until February half term just to re-energise, then in February I started revising properly, then kicked it up a notch at Easter. Hope this is useful
Ioneg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rose_Aria)
I had my mocks after christmas so revised over christmas for them, then had a break from revision until February half term just to re-energise, then in February I started revising properly, then kicked it up a notch at Easter. Hope this is useful
This is really useful thanks! It’s gives me more of an idea of times etc. x
liddylou10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
well personally I started revising a month before HOWEVER I did go to after school classes every single day from January all the way to June for the subjects I was struggling in. So go to after school classes at the start of the year, or even now if you can. And revise when you think the time is right
Ioneg
Rep:
?
(Original post by liddylou10)
well personally I started revising a month before HOWEVER I did go to after school classes every single day from January all the way to June for the subjects I was struggling in. So go to after school classes at the start of the year, or even now if you can. And revise when you think the time is right
Okay, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads