Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guitar bag for travelling Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I want something to carry my guitar in on the train.Don't want to leave it in halls. Not a hard case.
    Need to be able to carry other things too so maybe backpack?
    Anyone got anything? Has to be cheap. New/secondhand. Not bothered.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I use soft gig bags for all of my guitars. Mostly, these came with the guitars when I bought them but the one for my bass I bought separately and it cost about £10. It doesn't offer much padding, though.

For my electric guitar, I have something extremely similar to this:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/25321500414...6857791&crdt=0
    It's comfortable to carry (it has shoulder straps and a handle) and has enough padding that small knocks will not damage the guitar.

For my acoustic I still use a soft case with even more padding made by "Amourdillo".
    I think it is this model, but I could be wrong:
    https://www.dawsons.co.uk/armourdill...ght-guitar-bag

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.