Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For someone interesting in scientific areas, such as Neuroscience, Biochemistry and Pharmacology, what do you recommend?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dxna.s)
    Interested in scientific areas like Neuroscience, Pharmacology and Biochemistry but still undecided. Tips would be much appreciated
    Erm, what do you expect someone to reply with exactly...?

ReputationRep:
    Why not study one of the subjects you suggested? Research entry requirements for courses/unis that interest you and apply.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I am applying for biomedical science, which encompasses all of those topics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troker101)
    Well, I am applying for biomedical science, which encompasses all of those topics
    What do you want to do after uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Why not study one of the subjects you suggested? Research entry requirements for courses/unis that interest you and apply.
    Yeah I was considering Neuroscience for a while but career wise, I’m unsure of what to do. I enjoy research work but the prospect of spending most of my time in a lab doesn’t appeal to me. A clinical role would be my best bet but they’re hard to come by. So you see, there’s still a lot I have to think about :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was considering Neuroscience for a while but career wise, I’m unsure of what to do. I enjoy research work but the prospect of spending most of my time in a lab doesn’t appeal to me. A clinical role would be my best bet but they’re hard to come by. So you see, there’s still a lot I have to think about :/
    These subjects require a lot of lab work! It is worth considering what kind of career paths interest you first before applying. It will help you make a more informed choice about what to study.

My friend studied Pharmacology, but she didn't really like it. It is not to say that the course is bad, just it didn't suit her. After she finished the degree, she travelled and taught English, and then returned to study nursing.

I know people who studied Biomedical Sciences who went on to do medicine. It is very competitive but if you put in the effort and work hard, it is doable. My friend also studied Biomedical Sciences - after she graduated, she was job hunting. She took on a role at a care home whilst volunteering at a research lab. This led on to her getting a job on a research team as a lab assistant, before she applied (and succeeded) to do a PHD.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to do after uni?
    I’m hoping to go into the bioscience or pharmaceutical industry . But biomedical science is very broad. Others tend to go into research or work in a hospital, or pursue medicine after the undergraduate degree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.