Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE’s, Choosing A levels and University courses Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I’m aiming for all A’s and A*’s hopefully and I think with some hard work I can achieve them and I did an extra GCSE in year 8 and I got a B in Arabic. I want to get into Russel group uni’s and hopefully even Oxbridge but I don’t know whether I should resit my Arabic since it would look odd if I got high grades and then a B but I’m really grateful and was wondering whether it was a waste of time. I’m in year 11 now and I still don’t know what A levels I want to pick out of Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Accounting and Business studies. I have high levels of interests in each one of them but I have a hard time choosing. I looked at the type of uni courses that would be relevant but they made my decision even harder, I know for sure I don’t want to do medicine. I’d like to work with science or something to do with space (I know how incredibly hard it is to get into that!) but I also quite like the idea of business and accounting! Please give me some advice on what to do! Thank you!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’d say the A-levels that open the most doors would be Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t think you need economic, business or accounting A-level if you wanted to study them at uni (look at the entry requirements), but to go into any science degree you need either a science and maths or 2 sciences.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand what you're saying, I'll definitely look into the entry requirements it takes to enter a relevant course that I may be interested in. I've already looked into a couple university courses that I'm interested in but I'll see some more! Thanks for the quick reply and advice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.