Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have done a bit of work experience here and there and know the importance of them for uni’s but I’d like to do a bit more. I’m involved with A LOT of extracurricular activities in school (I’m in year 11 now) but I find that places have a hard time taking on 15 year olds Most places require an adult to take you but my mum is not available to go. If anyone knows good places to go to in Lancashire preferably near Chorley/ Preston I’d be really grateful! Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Salsabel)
    I have done a bit of work experience here and there and know the importance of them for uni’s but I’d like to do a bit more. I’m involved with A LOT of extracurricular activities in school (I’m in year 11 now) but I find that places have a hard time taking on 15 year olds Most places require an adult to take you but my mum is not available to go. If anyone knows good places to go to in Lancashire preferably near Chorley/ Preston I’d be really grateful! Thank you
    Hey Salsabel

Great to hear that you have done a fair bit of work experience! This will look great on your CV and Personal Statement

Do you have an idea of what course you would like to study at university?

My advice would be to look up some local companies in your area and simply just drop them an email asking if work experience is something they offer. Most places will be more than happy to have an enthusiastic student for work experience even if it just for a week!

Hope this helps

Chris - NTU Rep

Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the quick reply and I will definitely be writing emails to places nearby. I found that it was a great idea but I am yet to decide what A levels I would like to choose or university courses either but I do know what kind of subjects I'm interested in which will make my decision easier! I'll do this and I'll see what replies I get, wish me luck! Thank You.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Salsabel)
    Thank you so much for the quick reply and I will definitely be writing emails to places nearby. I found that it was a great idea but I am yet to decide what A levels I would like to choose or university courses either but I do know what kind of subjects I'm interested in which will make my decision easier! I'll do this and I'll see what replies I get, wish me luck! Thank You.
    That's great to here!

Let me know how it goes, good luck!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to give me a shout :five:

Chris - NTU Rep

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.