Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Tinder keeps crashing and I don't know what else I can do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I use Tinder on my iPad, so as it's an app designed for an iPhone (which I don't have), the screen narrows and the resolution is slightly undermined, but it nevertheless functions.

Despite this, I have always had a number of problems with it. I have seen the app being used on friends' iPhones before and it seems to work absolutely fine, but whenever I have used it on my iPad, its responses are a lot slower. For example, I could swipe right on someone, and it could take a few seconds before it actually registers. And sometimes, if I've matched with someone, I've normally swiped on another person before the "It's a Match" bothers to pop up. I've always felt it could crash then given it's slow performance but it never did at the time.

But recently it's been getting worse. A few weeks ago, I was getting notifications on my home screen that some people had sent me messages, and so I would go onto the app to open the conversation, but their message would be nowhere in sight, as if it hadn't been sent at all, and no matter how long I left it or restarted it, they never actually came through. I could even send a message myself and the previous one still wouldn't come through. This was incredibly frustrating as it meant I couldn't chat to any matches because I couldn't see what they were saying.

But not it's gotten even worse. I got a number of new matches last night and was looking forward to chatting to a few, one of them I even vaguely knew at university and had been in one of my groups last year. The app, despite being slow, worked adequately for swiping and matching, but then whenever I went to open a chat, the app just froze and then cut straight to the iPad home screen. I tried over and over again to open a chat, but every time it just crashed and returned me to the home screen.

I have tried multiple times completely restarting my iPad, and twice uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I even uninstalled the app, rebooted my iPad, reinstalled the app, then rebooted my iPad again, opened the app to put in my login details, but it was still the same problem. I've checked my iPad's storage space to see if it's just a sensitive app and there wasn't enough free data, but I've only half used it. There's still plenty of space left!

With regards to this girl from uni, I wanted to message her on Tinder but of course I'm unable to. I could message her on Facebook I guess, saying how we matched but am unable to talk to her there because it keeps crashing, but I worry that might look a bit odd?

I honestly don't know what else I can do. I've tried everything I can conceivably think of. Is it just a problem with the app itself and others have problems with it as well? Any other ideas of things I could try?

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    you seem really desperate and thirsty that your going to such lengths to make a dating app work.

get in the real world
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well, like you said, "Tinder is designed for iPhones" so I guess that could explain why it keeps glitching for you while working smoothly on your friend's phones? Got an iPhone you can use it on instead? If you've only got an iPad, then it's time to start looking for some other dating apps I guess. As for your match from uni, I don't know what advice to give on that sorry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.