Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am 21 and my mom use to belittle and beat me Watch

Am 21, am from the east African am the 3rd out of 5 children, my mom still beat me. Recently my dad isn't around out of the state and my mom is the one taking caring of us, I school also out of the state, when am home I do d house chores because my siblings are all busy with work and school I do everything to make everybody happy by cleaning cooking washing etc so 2 days ago my dad called and ask if we were all happy and ok and I told him yes but the foodstuff is finished that he should send money not knwing he had already sent money to my mom to buy food stuff which she did but just small ,so he was questionibg her he the food stuff got to finished then she became angry and stated causing and swearing on who so ever told him that she didn't buy the food stuff at all( misunderstanding wat he said over the phone), she started blaming me and even went through my chat with my dad, my dad even told her that it wasn't me but everyone in house that complain... So she kept on doing things that would make me offend her but I didn't ,so the next day I was talking to my junior bro on going to do the dishes because I had other chores to do but he refuse and spoke rudely to me, with annoyance I threw something to him which didn't even get to him then I left him, my mom now started shouting in me in front of him that do I think I could beat him and all sort of things that could make u annoyed, so I told her that she could insult me in front of him I don't mind,that does that mean I can't send my junior bro errand again before I knew it she stood up from and sit and start slapping, blowing and kicking me, asif that wasn't enough she ask my junior bro to bring koboko( a leather cane use by soldier) and start beating saying that me I had the gut to tell my dad that she didn't buy foodstuff at home she took my phone and smash it on the floor, she took the cane and wiped it on my head which an injury der after she was done I stood up went to my room packed some of my things, she seized my broken phone, I came out tried to take my broken phone from her but she refuse still wiping the cane on me, saying she would show me who she really is if I tried to step out so I went into my room bk waited for an opportunity to come for me to take my phone because I need my sim to contact the friend I would stay with after I took my phone secretly I went through the back back door and went to my friends place the next day I decided to tell my dad what happened showing him some of the scarce then he asked me If I wanted to stay with a relative but I told him yes but I can't go because they would start asking lot and lot of question am still at my friends place, it not the first time she is doing this ... Pls tell me what to do
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Am 21, am from the east African am the 3rd out of 5 children, my mom still beat me. Recently my dad isn't around out of the state and my mom is the one taking caring of us, I school also out of the state, when am home I do d house chores because my siblings are all busy with work and school I do everything to make everybody happy by cleaning cooking washing etc so 2 days ago my dad called and ask if we were all happy and ok and I told him yes but the foodstuff is finished that he should send money not knwing he had already sent money to my mom to buy food stuff which she did but just small ,so he was questionibg her he the food stuff got to finished then she became angry and stated causing and swearing on who so ever told him that she didn't buy the food stuff at all( misunderstanding wat he said over the phone), she started blaming me and even went through my chat with my dad, my dad even told her that it wasn't me but everyone in house that complain... So she kept on doing things that would make me offend her but I didn't ,so the next day I was talking to my junior bro on going to do the dishes because I had other chores to do but he refuse and spoke rudely to me, with annoyance I threw something to him which didn't even get to him then I left him, my mom now started shouting in me in front of him that do I think I could beat him and all sort of things that could make u annoyed, so I told her that she could insult me in front of him I don't mind,that does that mean I can't send my junior bro errand again before I knew it she stood up from and sit and start slapping, blowing and kicking me, asif that wasn't enough she ask my junior bro to bring koboko( a leather cane use by soldier) and start beating saying that me I had the gut to tell my dad that she didn't buy foodstuff at home she took my phone and smash it on the floor, she took the cane and wiped it on my head which an injury der after she was done I stood up went to my room packed some of my things, she seized my broken phone, I came out tried to take my broken phone from her but she refuse still wiping the cane on me, saying she would show me who she really is if I tried to step out so I went into my room bk waited for an opportunity to come for me to take my phone because I need my sim to contact the friend I would stay with after I took my phone secretly I went through the back back door and went to my friends place the next day I decided to tell my dad what happened showing him some of the scarce then he asked me If I wanted to stay with a relative but I told him yes but I can't go because they would start asking lot and lot of question am still at my friends place, it not the first time she is doing this ... Pls tell me what to do
    Hi

That sounds terrible. Your mum sounds awful to live with. I wouldnt argue with her, but I think you need to leave home and get away from her if you can. What do your older siblings say? Arent you old enough where you cna leave and get a job, then support yourself?

As you dont appear to be in the UK then cant advise, but are there any charities or friends you could stay with? If your dad believes you and you trust him then id think you would need to talk to him. It seems impractical to think he can have a word with your mum as it seems she will get revenge and he isnt there.

Hang in there and dont fight back. If you get a job and pay for yourself then you wont need to rely on her. If you have no other choice then you should go and stay with a relative as long as you feel that would be better.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, am still planning on getting a job but no one wants to employ me for a month because I would be going back to school next month so I only have a month, my sisters are in support of me staying with my friend so also my dad but I can't keep on staying with my friend long a time would come I would have to go home

Please just don't go home whatever you do! I'll pray for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.