Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do I need a portfolio of work for a Ba interior and architecture design course
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waheeda1975)
    Hi Waheeda1975

I think that this is dependent on the course requirements for the university that you apply to, I know some do as the standard of design work can be quite high, but I would check just in case.

Where is it that you're thinking of applying to?

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

ReputationRep:
    I would like to apply to Birmingham city university. I am a mature student and have an A level in art and design but no portfolio of evidence as I gained my qualification over a decade ago.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to apply to Birmingham city university. I am a mature student and have an A level in art and design but no portfolio of evidence as I gained my qualification over a decade ago.
    Hi Waheeda1975

I would contact the admissions team at Birmingham City if I were you, they'll be able to let you know what you would need to do if you are expected to supply a portfolio.

Hope this helps!

Matt

ReputationRep:
    Hi Waheeda1975,

I'm currently a Student at Ravensbournedoing my BA in Graphic Design but I have friends doing Interior and Architecture courses here as well and I know that they do want to see a portfolio of work. It would also be helpful if you had some industry knowledge for your interviews to help show your passion for the industry as well as the course. We offer showreel and portfolio workshops for free if you would like to attend them. They will help you get a better idea of what needs to be included and how to prepare for your interview.

I would suggest coming to a open day to get a chance to meet the tutors and students to talk about the course. You will also be able to look at what the students are working on and get help with showreel/portfolio. We are located in North Greenwich, London if you are able to come.

I hope this has helped and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Row

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.