The Student Room Group

Single Honours History vs. Joint Honours History & Politics

What do you guys think? Is Single Honours history 'better'? I'm feeling inclined to go with History & Politics, then doing a Masters in just History. I'm really not sure, though.
Original post by Henri Jaq
What do you guys think? Is Single Honours history 'better'? I'm feeling inclined to go with History & Politics, then doing a Masters in just History. I'm really not sure, though.

Hi Henri :hello:

In terms of which is 'better' I think it's down to what is going to be better for you. What's the reason you were thinking of the joint honours with politics?

I'd advise you take a look at what content is covered in both of the courses, and go for the one that is going to benefit you better in the long run. Particularly with the joint honours, you may be limited in the history content you learn as some of your module points will be politics related, so just bear that in mind so you're not missing out on areas you're interested in.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on and let me know if you have any questions! :h:

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Reply 2
Hello, Matt. Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking more strategically, if I'm honest. I'd rather stick to just History, but I keep coming back to this notion of "Do History and Politics, then Master in History, as you'll have that Politics side as well".

Quick Reply