liamlarner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Are these Good A Level choices for me i want to have a career in media but i am better at exams are these good choices for wanting to have a career in media

English Language
Media Studies
Film Studies
Photography

if not what would you change the full list of subjects my college offers is

Acting
Textiles
Art and Design
Film Studies
Media Studies
Music
Photography
English Language
English Language&Literature
English Literature
Spanish
French
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Core Maths (AQA Level 3 Certificate)
Computer Science
Further Maths
Maths
Phycology
Physical Education
Business Studies
Economics
Geography
Politics
History
Sociology

which of the subjects listed above are best for wanting to do media i also would prefer subjects where you have to remember a lot for the exam also i want to do 4 AS Subjects then continue onto 3 A2 Levels
hug_the_psych
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From what I know media studies, film studies and photography are all coursework based (depending on the exact course specifications). English language is about 50/50 coursework/exam I believe. Those four are your best options from the full list you've given - although I'm not sure how similar film and media studies would be to each other. It might be worth just doing 3 AS and continuing those 3 onto A2, but that's up to you and depends on how similar the courses sound!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads