Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a 2nd year student at Portsmouth university. I can't feel any happiness or excitement, my mind feels blank and empty. I feel emotionless and sometimes I get really high anxiety. My driving instructor said that Im a good driver but at the moment it feels like my problems are taking over my life. Im only 19 and i already feel like my whole entire life is already over. Im scared for my unit marks in the future. These insecurities make me feel less like a man. Im just surviving through hope in the future that one day i will be fine. Im currently seeing a physiatrist and counsellor at university but Im afraid that nothing will help me as I have been like this for so long. (just really unhappy). Is anyone going through this right now?, thank you so much for any help or advice.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’m really sorry to hear you’re struggling. Do you enjoy your course? How are your grades? It’s great that you’re learning to drive! Do you drink much? Part of any clubs? Cutting down alcohol intake, increasing exercise and getting more sleep (as obvious as they sound) can help sooo much with changing your perspective on the external world.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loltait)
    Hey, I’m really sorry to hear you’re struggling. Do you enjoy your course? How are your grades? It’s great that you’re learning to drive! Do you drink much? Part of any clubs? Cutting down alcohol intake, increasing exercise and getting more sleep (as obvious as they sound) can help sooo much with changing your perspective on the external world.
    I barely drink lol and I have recently forced myself to join a filmmaker society club. I exercise once everyday 2 days. I get decent sleep sometimes i won't get to sleep until 1:00am. As welll as this I take a lot of natural supplements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filmmaker101)
    I barely drink lol and I have recently forced myself to join a filmmaker society club. I exercise once everyday 2 days. I get decent sleep sometimes i won't get to sleep until 1:00am. As welll as this I take a lot of natural supplements.
    That’s good! Try to get earlier nights, you’ll find that helps. Are you enjoying the club, meeting likeminded people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loltait)
    That’s good! Try to get earlier nights, you’ll find that helps. Are you enjoying the club, meeting likeminded people?
    the club is okay, its hard for me to keep track on whats going because I'm literally stuck inside my own head. I have met some like minded people but i would like to meet more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filmmaker101)
    the club is okay, its hard for me to keep track on whats going because I'm literally stuck inside my own head. I have met some like minded people but i would like to meet more.
    That’s great! Growth mindset is amazing. Do you get on well with your flat mates? And do you enjoy your uni course?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.