Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Let me tell you my situation im 16 years old i live with my dad and hes very strict he doesnt let me go anywhere.
    As of this ive gone so fat and i wanna lose it all any home exercises that would get rid of moob(man boobs) and lose body fat.ANY ADVICES ANYTHING SAID I WONT TAKE IT PERSONAL

ReputationRep:
    Weight loss is unfortunately mostly about diet! So try cutting out sugary drinks to start and drink lots of water you can then slowly replace unhealthy food with healthier stuff. Going for walks is a good way to start adding exercise into your life.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Cut off a lot of artificial sugars in your diet. Simple exercises such as sit-ups and push-ups will help. Keep a routine with your work out as body work best with a routine. To help with the chest, lay down and hold something heavy on each hands and from where your shoulder is constantly lift up and down for around 30 reps.

ReputationRep:
    Also, you should talk to your parents about the strictness, you’re missing important life experiences at such a crucial age in your life. My parents used to be so strict on me, I wasn’t allowed to go out, only to school or with them to family friends house and now they let me go out with certain conditions which is much better. Join youth clubs near such as cadets which involve exercise and having a social life. Trust me it helps so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libzino6)
    Let me tell you my situation im 16 years old i live with my dad and hes very strict he doesnt let me go anywhere.
    As of this ive gone so fat and i wanna lose it all any home exercises that would get rid of moob(man boobs) and lose body fat.ANY ADVICES ANYTHING SAID I WONT TAKE IT PERSONAL
    its all diet, if your not getting much exercise u don't need to worry
    you need to eat less calories than ur body needs-simple-sort out that diet
    aim for a daily 300 calorie deficit and youll slowly but surely lose the body fat
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Reduce what you eat and move more. If your parents are being strict about where you go, find ways of doing it. A skipping rope might be a wise investment for you

ReputationRep:
    Is your dad Josef Fritzl? Not allowing you any freedom whatsoever is completely unacceptable. Have him take you down the swimming pool and do laps, or get him to take you to the gym.

Home exercises are complete GARBAGE unless you have a nice spacious home with a good home gym setup. Treadmills you can have at home, but treadmills are garbage, too boring. A mile on a treadmill feels like 50 because it's so monotonous. A windy path outside with a lot of scenic variance makes a mile feel like half the distance.

Join a sports team at school and cut calories. Easiest way to cut is to take off drink calories and replace them with "diet" options or water. You won't even notice the lost calories but you'll magically shrink.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.