My name is Harry Katsanikakis and i am on my first year studying part time with the Open University from my country,Greece.I would like to know if i am eligible for a student loan.
Turn on thread page Beta
O.u.student,outside uk resident watch
- Thread Starter
- 26-10-2017 16:38
- Official Rep
- 27-10-2017 10:32
To be eligible for funding from Student Finance for your Open University course you would need to meet the following requirements:-
* Study at least 30 credits in the academic year (this equates to 25% Study Intensity)
* Have registered to study towards a specific qualification
* Meet the residency criteria
* Be resident in England on the first day of the Academic Year (AY)
* Do not hold an Equivalent or Lower Qualification (ELQ)
* Have not applied for more than 16 years of Part-Time support for other Part-Time courses
* Apply within 9 months start of the AY
The residency criteria you would need to meet is as follows:-
* resident within the EEA/Switzerland for 3 years prior to the first day of the first AY of the course (we can consider temporary absence breaks);
* resident in the UK for the first day of the course (not the AY).
If you think you meet the overall eligibility criteria you can apply on an EUPTL1 form which you can find by clicking here.