ReputationRep:
    That's like asking if you would rather have:

1) A rock

2) A stock

3) A motherf***ing lazer gun
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the Nintendo Switch, for the following:

1) I don't read books a lot so don't need a Kindle - unless you're talking about the Kindle Fire tablets, in which case I don't need one because I have, and prefer, Android;

2) I wouldn't want an iPad because it would mean having to re-learn a new OS (iOS in the case) as well as all of the settings, new app stores, and it causes more complexities when you have a new iOS device and everything else has been Android. Oh, and I already have a Galaxy Tab A.

3) I haven't had a new games console since the Nintendo DSi; I haven't even got a 3DS as of yet so a Switch would be awesome as that is what Nintendo is pushing everyone towards now. Would be great for updating my console games library

ReputationRep:
    I own both a Kindle (Kindle Fire HDX 2nd Generation) & a Nintendo Switch (bought it today/yesterday).

Since the Kindle Fire's OS is based on android, I installed a custom recovery and wiped the old OS, and installed LineageOS on it instead, allowing me access to the GPS for better apps and smoother functionality.
    My Switch is perfect, not much I can say about it since I've only had it less than 24 hours.

If I had to have one of them, it would be the Kindle (as long as it's a Fire/Fire HDX), I don't like iOS that much because of it's restricted functionality, and the Switch doesn't have Youtube or any browser, so it's just games, which will get boring after a while of playing non-stop without going on the internet or something else.

ReputationRep:
    Switch because I only have android products, font like reading much and I enjoy the Zelda franchise.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’d Rather Have a Switch

ReputationRep:
    Just for reading books? By a mile a kindle.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd wayyy prefer to just buy a physical book rather than buy digital. It's less convenient, more expensive, and prone to breaking or losing, but I still like to feel the actual pages.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.