"I created a table which has .." or "had"?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Yin Ming
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Yesterday I created a database and set a TEXT column. The "created" occured in the past, but the
column was, is and will be TEXT type. So which should I use? "has" or "had"? Yesterday I created a
table which has/d a TEXT column.

Salut. Yin Ming
Cybercypher
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Yin Ming <[email protected]> burbled news:[email protected]:

[q1]> Yesterday I created a database and set a TEXT column. The "created" occured in the past, but the[/q1]
[q1]> column was, is and will be TEXT type. So which should I use? "has" or "had"? Yesterday I created a[/q1]
[q1]> table which has/d a TEXT column.[/q1]

In this case, it should be "has" (because the database and the TEXT column both still exist and
will, presumably, continue to exist) but could also be "had". It is better to replace "which has" or
"which had" with "with": "Yesterday I created a database with a TEXT column".

--
Franke
Yin Ming
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
On 27 Apr 2002 03:26:41 GMT, CyberCypher <[email protected]> wrote:
[q1]>Yin Ming <[email protected]> burbled news:[email protected]:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]>> Yesterday I created a database and set a TEXT column. The "created" occured in the past, but the[/q2]
[q2]>> column was, is and will be TEXT type. So which should I use? "has" or "had"? Yesterday I created[/q2]
[q2]>> a table which has/d a TEXT column.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>In this case, it should be "has" (because the database and the TEXT column both still exist and[/q1]
[q1]>will, presumably, continue to exist) but could also be "had". It is better to replace "which has"[/q1]
[q1]>or "which had" with "with": "Yesterday I created a database with a TEXT column".[/q1]
Yeah. thanks

Also thanks to the kind men who post detailed explanation to my mail box. But I seldom use that mail
box, so please don't mail there. Thank you.

Salut. Yin Ming
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (111)
54.95%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.92%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
9.41%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (48)
23.76%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (8)
3.96%

Watched Threads