Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

posted happy birthday on someone's facebook and didn't get a thanks Watch

ReputationRep:
    so I posted on this girls timeline saying happy birthday and i thought I was being nice only for her not to like/react to it or comment on it saying thanks. She has been active on Facebook and has responded to other peoples happy birthday messages that have been left more recently than mine. I think it's quite rude, I could never ignore someone individually like that.

should I just delete my post?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apple2017)
    so I posted on this girls timeline saying happy birthday and i thought I was being nice only for her not to like/react to it or comment on it saying thanks. She has been active on Facebook and has responded to other peoples happy birthday messages that have been left more recently than mine. I think it's quite rude, I could never ignore someone individually like that.

should I just delete my post?
    Kim, there's people that are dying.

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel better, then delete it. I would be disappointed as well if I was in your situation but if it's not a close friend of mine, I'd just think she does not favour me very well.

ReputationRep:
    lmao thought this was a joke hahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    She could have just missed it. People often get a lot of birthday messages, so it's possible yours just merged in with someone else's in her eyes. Is she a close friend or just someone you know?

ReputationRep:
    Is she even a real friend?
    You’re being over sensitive
    Don’t you think people have other things to do on their birthdays than respond/like posts from people they don’t care about?
    If that’s the only thing you have to worry about then you’re incredibly lucky

ReputationRep:
    Give her some more time to respond to it, if she keeps ignoring it you could delete it or send her a message asking how her birthday was, that’ll kind of highlight the fact that she ignored you

Delete it

ReputationRep:
    Lmfaooo reminds me of the time I got angry at this girl on Facebook because she didn't accept my friend request and then all her friends ganged up on me 😭
    It's really really not that deep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    She could have just missed it. People often get a lot of birthday messages, so it's possible yours just merged in with someone else's in her eyes. Is she a close friend or just someone you know?
    someone I know but that's not the point, if someone I didn't know wished me a happy birthday I'd still make the effort to say thanks

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    Is she even a real friend?
    You’re being over sensitive
    Don’t you think people have other things to do on their birthdays than respond/like posts from people they don’t care about?
    If that’s the only thing you have to worry about then you’re incredibly lucky
    I'm not going to be worrying about it, I just think it's really rude to ignore someone like that.

Yes I'm aware that people have other things to be doing but it's the fact that it doesn't even take a minute to say thanks to someone and the fact that shes responded to other peoples birthday wishes

Imagine how ****ed up future generations will be, having been raised on Facebook.

We're doomed.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Apple2017)
      someone I know but that's not the point, if someone I didn't know wished me a happy birthday I'd still make the effort to say thanks
      I refer back to what was my point, she probably just missed it.

ReputationRep:
      THIS. happened to me like yesterday, it was a guy from my works birthday and I thought I'd be nice and leave a happy birthday message but he completely ignored it even though he had replied and liked everyone elses. nlg kinda hurt...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Emerald777O)
      Lmfaooo reminds me of the time I got angry at this girl on Facebook because she didn't accept my friend request and then all her friends ganged up on me 😭
      It's really really not that deep
      Here's a heart 💖 and did they jump you??

ReputationRep:
      Please grow up... even a little bit 😕 If you've got the time to worry or feel hurt about someone not replying to a happy birthday message you need a hobby or a job (in the most polite way possible).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Salt Queen)
      Here's a heart 💖 and did they jump you??
      Ty💖 And no but they kept saying the would if I ever dared to do it again. My whole year new and hated me even more 😭

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by GrapeCrocodile)
      Please grow up... even a little bit 😕 If you've got the time to worry or feel hurt about someone not replying to a happy birthday message you need a hobby or a job (in the most polite way possible).
      I don't need to grow up, what I've said is quite reasonable? it's not very nice to wish someone a happy birthday and then get no appreciation. I think the person who I wished a happy birthday is the person who needs to grow up.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AdoptedEmus)
      THIS. happened to me like yesterday, it was a guy from my works birthday and I thought I'd be nice and leave a happy birthday message but he completely ignored it even though he had replied and liked everyone elses. nlg kinda hurt...
      yeah it's just downright ignorant

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.