The Student Room Group

Second Undergraduate Loan??

I am currently studying for a masters in Psychology in Education and have decided to take my studies further into mental health nursing. I know that these courses are no longer funded by NHS bursaries but I have read that those wishing to study nursing etc can apply for a second student loan? Is this right? I have no way of funding this course myself and so would need some funding support?

Thanks,
Hannah.
Hi Hannah,

If you are wanting to do a second degree in Mental Health Nursing as long as your course is classed as being designated for NHS funding (your University would advise you of this) then we wouldn't take into account any previous study or Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) you already hold when calculating your entitlement. This means you would be able to get the full funding for the whole of your new course. You would be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL), means-tested Maintenance Loan (ML) and Supplementary Grants (if applicable) such as Parents' Learning Allowances, Childcare Grant, Adult Dependants' Grant and Disabled Students' Allowances.

Thanks

Laura
Reply 2
Thank you Laura!

I really appreciate that!

Best, Hannah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending