Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get AAA as a private candidate Watch

ReputationRep:
    Last year I flopped.. now I am retaking as a private candidate.
    this means i obviously have plenty of time and want to make use of my time effectively.
    also, i want to get a job simply because i don't want to be studying 24 7
    Any tips?!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just posted on a thread similar to yours.

I know how you feel because I'll be taking two full A Levels again but don't want to be at home revising all day. Definitely get yourself a job as this will get you out the house if your self studying at home all week. You should really start applying for jobs now as companies are recruiting for Christmas. (Also on a side note make sure you plan your weeks out with for e.g. a bullet journal as this will help you with what revision you need to do on what days.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walia321)
    Hey, just posted on a thread similar to yours.

I know how you feel because I'll be taking two full A Levels again but don't want to be at home revising all day. Definitely get yourself a job as this will get you out the house if your self studying at home all week. You should really start applying for jobs now as companies are recruiting for Christmas. (Also on a side note make sure you plan your weeks out with for e.g. a bullet journal as this will help you with what revision you need to do on what days.)
    Yeah I am definitely looking for one.. how are you planning to spend your days until exam time? Feel kinda lost lol! Also have u sent off your UCAS application yet

ReputationRep:
    Well I’ve got two A Levels to study for including coursework so that takes up a bit of my time and so does my part time job. Other than that I think I might join a gym/ learn a language or something else.

How many a levels are u resisting or are you just resitting a couple of modules?

I’ve completed my ps and done my UCAS so all I now need to do is get my reference from my old school to send it off. Wbu?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    what subject if it's chemistry pm me

ReputationRep:
    Well I’ve got two A Levels to study for including coursework so that takes up a bit of my time and so does my part time job. Other than that I think I might join a gym/ learn a language or something else.

How many a levels are u resisting or are you just resitting a couple of modules?

I’ve completed my ps and done my UCAS so all I now need to do is get my reference from my old school to send it off. Wbu?
    How many hours would you recommend someone to work like once you get a job?
    3 full A levels, linear ones.. chem, bio and psych
    Ohh that's good. I am working on my PS and also need to get a reference and that's it really.. are you gonna get an old teacher from your school to send off the application?

ReputationRep:
    I asked the same question on tsr a couple of weeks ago n most people were saying between 15 to 20 hours. Though, for me I think 20 hours would be too much so I’m currently doing around 10 hours though I won’t mind doing around 20 hours in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Maybe you could do try do the same as me since ur redoing three linear A Levels? But I think it probably depends on how much you remember from school and how long it takes you to revise so you could figure out how many weeks you need to dedicate to revision and the rest for work.

My old assistant head of sixth form will be doing my reference and sending my application off.

ReputationRep:
    who made your ucas predicated grade and are writing you old grade in too the ones before you resat

ReputationRep:
    Heyy fellow private candidate resisting a levels here. Looks like I'm the only one not getting a job, I already feel behind on a levels. Am I just trying to do too much? You guys seem so relaxed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.Y)
    Heyy fellow private candidate resisting a levels here. Looks like I'm the only one not getting a job, I already feel behind on a levels. Am I just trying to do too much? You guys seem so relaxed
    what subject and i dont have a job too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pringles321)
    what subject and i dont have a job too
    Physics maths and sociology wbu?

ReputationRep:
    math what boad do you do fo sociology cuz i got an a* in ocr sociology and got the textbook im sellign and i can help you with the esaays

I'm also sitting as a private candidate, doing Law as well as Government and Politics, who makes the UCAS predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    math what boad do you do fo sociology cuz i got an a* in ocr sociology and got the textbook im sellign and i can help you with the esaays
    Wow well done. AQA and I'm so bad at writing essays that would be great

ReputationRep:
    i try finding my notes and other stuff like essay

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing law and government and politics as a private candidate, does anyone know who makes our ucas predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_20171026_201144-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  56.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    i try finding my notes and other stuff like essay
    If you could send me your essays and/or essay plans that would be so helpful thank you

ReputationRep:
    who made your ucas predicated grade and are writing you old grade in too the ones before you resat
    I’m lucky because I have tutors so I’m going to get them to predict me.

Yh I asked UCAS about that and they said you’ll have to put in the grades you’ve already achieved on top of the ones you’re going to be resisting. The ones you’re going resit you leave as pending.

ReputationRep:
    I’m lucky because I have tutors so I’m going to get them to predict me.

Yh I asked UCAS about that and they said you’ll have to put in the grades you’ve already achieved on top of the ones you’re going to be resisting. The ones you’re going resit you leave as pending.

when ever i try its doesnt let me add the resit one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.