Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i have just solved my dilemma of which route to take into law

So i have chosen to do LLB Law with Criminology thanks to the help of a member. But Now i just want to figure out a route into being either a solicitor or barrister which doesnt take to many years because i dont really want to be too old when i finish training or practising to be either one of those so after i finish my LLB degree does anyone have any suggesting into what happens after that. i have done tons of research but still none of it really makes sense in my head.

i have just left the library and i have taken out about 3 books about criminal law, so i just going to read into it seeing if it makes any sense to me and just try to get my head around it

any ideas?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by britney123)
    Hey guys i have just solved my dilemma of which route to take into law

So i have chosen to do LLB Law with Criminology thanks to the help of a member. But Now i just want to figure out a route into being either a solicitor or barrister which doesnt take to many years because i dont really want to be too old when i finish training or practising to be either one of those so after i finish my LLB degree does anyone have any suggesting into what happens after that. i have done tons of research but still none of it really makes sense in my head.

i have just left the library and i have taken out about 3 books about criminal law, so i just going to read into it seeing if it makes any sense to me and just try to get my head around it

any ideas?
    Because you have done a Law degree with something else, then it will be a qualifying law degree, which means you are on track to complete qualifying as fast as any other law student. You will all be taking the SQE (starts 2020) by the time you finish your degree. The crunch point will be finding someone to employ you, which is where all the competition starts.

You can read about it here.
    Just be aware most of the training contracts are with commercial firms, so make sure its criminal you want.

https://www.lawcareers.net/Informati...we-know-so-far
    https://www.sra.org.uk/sra/policy/tr...s-answers.page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Because you have done a Law degree with something else, then it will be a qualifying law degree, which means you are on track to complete qualifying as fast as any other law student. You will all be taking the SQE (starts 2020) by the time you finish your degree. The crunch point will be finding someone to employ you, which is where all the competition starts.

You can read about it here.
    Just be aware most of the training contracts are with commercial firms, so make sure its criminal you want.

https://www.lawcareers.net/Informati...we-know-so-far
    https://www.sra.org.uk/sra/policy/tr...s-answers.page

Yeah thats very true finding someon to employ you is truly the problem. Thank you for your help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.