Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone.
    I have already passed my AS mathematics exam in C12 and M1 with an A grade overall and now i've to take C34 with S1 in A2.
    Basically , I've made this thread to collect top tips to score A* at Alevels mathematics. I've to sit c34+s1 in June-18 and will start my preparation from the start of November.

Now i need to ask how can i score really well at C34 , what should be my strategies to score 180+ UMS which usually is the requirement for A* at AL maths .
    Should i solve book questions as well from C3 and then C4 or what ?

And is it better to take S1 in June 2018 or should i simply take it in january 2018 ( IAL students have three session : January , June and Oct unlike GCE students )

Would really appreciate some good tips from my seniors .

PS. I had A* at IGCSE mathematics previously from Cambridge board and im really ready to work my ass of for A* at Alevels maths , i just need some fair tips .

Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    Hello mate,

I am doing my c34 in Jan 18 and like my
    Advice to u is
    Do all the past papers
    Not down the hard questions
    After the paper sessions are over review all the hard questions u noted down
    Then try doing the papers the second time
    But the IAL papers must be done twice
    That's good practice man

Secondly visit the physics and maths tutor site and like look at the top tips from students grounds.com
    they are really good review of the stereotypical questions and hard ones that u mat have missed can be reviewed there !

AS for S1 it's better to do it in Jan mate like I think u are a bio or commerce student and not a maths student
    so like u can forget and maths and focus on the rest of the units for June
    so u can work more specific for those units rather than dragging maths along the road !!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR IGCSE AND AS LEVEL RESULTS MATE
    HOPE U DO WELL IN YOUR A2 RESULTS AS WELL !!!!
    Enjoy and have a good one !!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 17, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.