Y10/11/12/13 - Make Some New Friends! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slayingrobin)
    Im a year 10 and i am doing DNA, macbeth and dr jekyll and mr hyde
    yeah, i’m doing frankenstein, romeo and juliet and an inspector calls
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megamax)
    That’s quite a tough question. GCSEs are very important to me and my family (I have eight 9 predictions, one 8 and one 7 so there’s a fair amount of parental and self pressure) and the better the grades I have the more insurance I have for uni as we no longer do AS and the courses I’m looking at (med) require v good grades. However as you say it’s definitely not the end of the world if I wasn’t to get ‘good’ grades. they don’t mean everything and for most people (uni and course depending) they really don’t mean that much or have a massive impact. What’s your opinion? Sorry for the mini essay😂
    i’d also like to do medicine! i swear everyone on tsr wants to do medicine or go to oxbridge loool

ReputationRep:
    awww clouddbubbles and Toastiekid this is where the relationship started )))
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    heyyy - i’ve decided to make a new thread so that people can make some more friends! you don’t just have to be in the years/age groups i have listed but i’ve used this as a guideline!

i’ve noticed that there are lots of friendly people on here and sometimes people can trail off a bit and start chatting - even though their thread is a GYG or a question or something and i thought it might be nice to make one especially for making friends and sharing interests etc.

i hope it’s useful! you can also ask for advice here, but bear in mind it might be easier to ask on a thread of your own (it depends really)

there’s probably something like this already out there but i haven’t seen anything so welcome!

if you want you can check out my GYG while you’re here - i haven’t made any other threads yet but perhaps soon!!! i’m fairly new to this all...

i’m excited to see what this becomes; anya
    This is a fantastic idea!

Hello everyone! I'm CoffeeAndPolitics aka C&P/JT and I'm going into Year 13 (from September). I'm currently doing A-Levels in History, Economics and Sociology and you can check my academic progress/what I'm up to on my GYG (Grow Your Grades) thread. I'm interested in Modern History, Politics and I'm an avid Liverpool FC fan.

ReputationRep:
    heyyy - i’ve decided to make a new thread so that people can make some more friends! you don’t just have to be in the years/age groups i have listed but i’ve used this as a guideline!

i’ve noticed that there are lots of friendly people on here and sometimes people can trail off a bit and start chatting - even though their thread is a GYG or a question or something and i thought it might be nice to make one especially for making friends and sharing interests etc.

i hope it’s useful! you can also ask for advice here, but bear in mind it might be easier to ask on a thread of your own (it depends really)

there’s probably something like this already out there but i haven’t seen anything so welcome!

if you want you can check out my GYG while you’re here - i haven’t made any other threads yet but perhaps soon!!! i’m fairly new to this all...

sup im year 12 currently wanting to do medicine

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, I'm MysticPancakes (random name yes I'm aware 😂), I'm going into year 13 in september. The a levels I'm taking are English Lit, maths, further maths and economics. I want to do economics at uni next year. I love politics and economics, I'm currently in the process of learning mandarin and korean because why not!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by stalkingsilence)
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Hi :wavey: This is a great idea for a thread. I'll check out your GYG and I think i have you tagged on mine?

ReputationRep:
    I'm Maizie. :wavey: I'm starting year 12 in september and I'm doing maths, further maths, physics and german :eek3: for my A-Levels. I have a GYG somewhere too. :woo: Ummm. I tend to appear in random threads and help people by giving unconstructive advice or leaving random comments that I find amusing but no one else does. :unsure: Sometimes I get people shouting at me then so I > :getmecoat: Well, that's me on TSR. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stalkingsilence)
    haha omg yeah!
    and you just bumped this thread so now loads of people are using it lmao :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by MysticPancakes)
    Hello guys, I'm MysticPancakes (random name yes I'm aware 😂), I'm going into year 13 in september. The a levels I'm taking are English Lit, maths, further maths and economics. I want to do economics at uni next year. I love politics and economics, I'm currently in the process of learning mandarin and korean because why not!
    (Original post by MaizieAmyr)
    I'm Maizie. :wavey: I'm starting year 12 in september and I'm doing maths, further maths, physics and german :eek3: for my A-Levels. I have a GYG somewhere too. :woo: Ummm. I tend to appear in random threads and help people by giving unconstructive advice or leaving random comments that I find amusing but no one else does. :unsure: Sometimes I get people shouting at me then so I > :getmecoat: Well, that's me on TSR. :rofl:
    Hello!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Maizie. :wavey: I'm starting year 12 in september and I'm doing maths, further maths, physics and german :eek3: for my A-Levels. I have a GYG somewhere too. :woo: Ummm. I tend to appear in random threads and help people by giving unconstructive advice or leaving random comments that I find amusing but no one else does. :unsure: Sometimes I get people shouting at me then so I > :getmecoat: Well, that's me on TSR. :rofl
    Yay a fellow further mathser! Good luck, it will definitely be an intense experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
    Hello!
    Hi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MysticPancakes)
    Yay a fellow further mathser! Good luck, it will definitely be an intense experience.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    CoffeeAndPolitics MaizieAmyr MysticPancakes

:wavey:

i’m going into year 11 eeeek
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

Good luck with that as it's quite a stressful year. I still can't believe I'm going into Year 13 but strangely I feel fine about it.

ReputationRep:

Good luck! It's going to be stressful!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! It's going to be stressful!
    yeah

Good luck with that as it's quite a stressful year. I still can't believe I'm going into Year 13 but strangely I feel fine about it.
    it sure is! i guess once you’ve done year 11 and year 12 you feel invincible :dumbells:
    and then when it gets to final uni decisions and actual a levels it’s a bit scary?!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    yeah

it sure is! i guess once you’ve done year 11 and year 12 you feel invincible :dumbells:
    and then when it gets to final uni decisions and actual a levels it’s a bit scary?!
    Uni decisions and actual A-Level results will indeed be scary and stressful

ReputationRep:
    Uni decisions and actual A-Level results will indeed be scary and stressful
    and i’ve got a mini version of that this year :laugh:
    sixth form decisions and actual gcse results haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.