Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I’ve seen about giffgaff and wanted to know what was bad about it because it seems too good to be true
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What about it seems too good to be true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrapeCrocodile)
    What about it seems too good to be true?
    What you get for the price

ReputationRep:
    Can't be of help there then mate. I know a few people with Giffgaff who love it. I'm on three myself so... sorry.

ReputationRep:
    its amazing if you dont mind manually purchasing goodybags every month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Ok so I’ve seen about giffgaff and wanted to know what was bad about it because it seems too good to be true
    I'm on giffgaff and there's no catches or anything, the prices are honestly pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shezzax)
    its amazing if you dont mind manually purchasing goodybags every month
    So you can’t set up an auto renew? I know it’s good because it separates phone price and sim but other places such as O2 do this but it’s so much more. I just thought there could’ve been some sort of catch

ReputationRep:
    It runs on O2's network, which is handy if you have an O2-locked phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrapeCrocodile)
    Can't be of help there then mate. I know a few people with Giffgaff who love it. I'm on three myself so... sorry.
    Just looked and three seems like good prices as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobjim12)
    It runs on O2's network, which is handy if you have an O2-locked phone.
    Would the phone come o2 locked if you get one from them? So I assume o2 own it so how come they have very different prices?

ReputationRep:
    Would the phone come o2 locked if you get one from them? So I assume o2 own it so how come they have very different prices?
    I wouldn't know the answer to your first question. I am guessing that there are certain things that O2 offers that makes their prices higher (Priority, 4G plans, upgrades etc..).

ReputationRep:
    So you can’t set up an auto renew? I know it’s good because it separates phone price and sim but other places such as O2 do this but it’s so much more. I just thought there could’ve been some sort of catch
    You can set up auto renew for goody bags lol. You just need to install the app and set it up there. The goody bags are a godsend if you want data but don't really call anyone since they recently upped the data for each goody bag.

ReputationRep:
    don't buy the £5 one if you want lots of data

ReputationRep:
    It's actually pretty good.
    You get free calls to other people who are also on giffgaff. The goodybags are pretty good for the price they come at, and you can select it to occur every month or you can do it manually every month.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

1) You can set up auto renew for your goodybag, to make it a 30 day rolling contract. Or you can just add a goodybag as and when you want to.

2) All of Giffgaff's phones come unlocked. So you can use any SIM in them. You can also use Giffgaff SIMs in O2-locked phones, since they run on the same network.

For my secondary phone I use Giffgaff and it's very good - allowances are good value (even on PAYG) and speeds are good as well. Used to be slow but have improved quite a lot recently

I'd definitely recommend Giffgaff as a mobile network - though I would definitely go for the £7.50 goodybag as a minimum (if you don't want PAYG) as the £5 goodybag has very little data in comparison.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.