Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from Queens' College this morning asking to send any UMS marks from modular courses that I've done.

This is what it said:

"If you have taken or are currently taking modular A-levels we require you to send us an official breakdown of your UMS (e.g. listed on Exam Board or School headed paper or form. It must contain your name and when you took the exams)"

The results sheet for my AS exams that I got from my school includes the UMS marks for Maths and Further Maths, but doesn't include the date I took the exam. Should I send them the results sheet anyway, since it's done by my school, or should I make my own document, list the 6 modules modules I did, the UMS I achieved in them, and the date I took them? I'd also have to put my school's logo on the top of the document.

My problem is - that seems too easy to forge? Obviously I wouldn't forge my UMS since I already did pretty well, but for others that didn't, couldn't they just make their own document and claim really high UMS? I'm not sure - I'm just making sure that if I made my own document, it won't be considered fake at all.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should probably just tell the exam officer or someone senior at your school about the situation and politely ask if they could give you an official school document with everything the college require on it.

Probably the university have some kind of screening procedure to work out which ones are real or fraudulent so even if you're being honest with your marks they may still consider any document you make a fraud and thus eliminate you from the application process.

So just be safe and tell your school about the situation - I'm sure it can be fixed easily.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesopotamian.)
    I think you should probably just tell the exam officer or someone senior at your school about the situation and politely ask if they could give you an official school document with everything the college require on it.

Probably the university have some kind of screening procedure to work out which ones are real or fraudulent so even if you're being honest with your marks they may still consider any document you make a fraud and thus eliminate you from the application process.

So just be safe and tell your school about the situation - I'm sure it can be fixed easily.
    Thanks, will do! I considered this first of all, but it's currently half-term break, and we don't go back until Monday. I guess there's no rush, but there's that feeling that getting your application fully complete as quick as possible means you'll get an interview quicker - I'm just being paranoid ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathCave)
    Thanks, will do! I considered this first of all, but it's currently half-term break, and we don't go back until Monday. I guess there's no rush, but there's that feeling that getting your application fully complete as quick as possible means you'll get an interview quicker - I'm just being paranoid ;D
    Oh yeah I forgot it was half term! (the sad life of uni where we get no breaks until Christmas )

Yeah I totally understand your thought process but I guess it's better to have a delayed interview but give the right document rather than give one in that isn't official/ might be missing specific info (which could delay everything even further)

Best of luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesopotamian.)
    Oh yeah I forgot it was half term! (the sad life of uni where we get no breaks until Christmas )

Yeah I totally understand your thought process but I guess it's better to have a delayed interview but give the right document rather than give one in that isn't official/ might be missing specific info (which could delay everything even further)

Best of luck!
    Awh rip D;
    Mhm, that's a good point! Thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathCave)
    Sending them quicker will NOT grant you interview quicker. They wait until they’ve gone through all the application they’d received to decide and notify about interviews.
    And the info they asked you should be written by your school on their official headed paper.

And if you receive an offer next year and you accept it, they will ask you to send official certificates of your exam results from the exam board/s, so there’s any discrepancy in any info you (your school) tell them now and the official records you will have to give them just before you actually start at Cambridge, your offer may be withdrawn.
    I’m not implying you may cheat, but I’m just informing there’s a system that would make cheating pointless.

So to answer to your question, wait until the half-term ends and get your school to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the document you can ask your school for is a "Statement of Results"

ReputationRep:
    I just sent an email to Queens' Admissions because I wanted to check that my document was fine as it does not contain the school's name. I suggest you do the same or request another document from your sixth form.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.