Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is my friend lying to me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I have been friends for 10 years, we're 22 and ever since we turned 18 we've made Halloween plans together. Tonight we were going to a party that my friend invited me too, and then we were going to a club just the two of us.

This morning she messaged me and said she didn't want to go cause she wasn't feeling well. She said she just wanted to go home and go to bed after work. A bit disappointed but this was fine, not her fault.

So just now I went on the snapchat map thing to find my brother cause he snuck out to go drinking with his friends for a Halloween party (he's only 14). He was in ghost anyway so I couldn't see him but I spotted my girl friend and she was in the city near our town- about an hour away (bearing in mind she doesn't drive) So much for being at home in bed unwell!

I don't want to confront her cause I feel creepy about having spotted her on the snap chat thing. I can't understand why she'd lie to me though. Is it worth even being friends with someone like this, I don't really know how to respond.

ReputationRep:
    I would not jump to conclusions about what she was up to. There could be a perfectly logical explanation of what she was doing. Perhaps it was some family emergency type thing that she didn't want to talk about as it makes her upset etc.
    Ask her is she is feeling better and pretend you didn't see her on Snap Maps, then try and arrange up again and see what happens

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.