Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can get A’s in the reading, writing, listening and translation but my speaking drags me down so much. Any tips please? I just seem to freeze in speaking exams and give such short answers or no answer please give me advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucofthewoods)
    I can get A’s in the reading, writing, listening and translation but my speaking drags me down so much. Any tips please? I just seem to freeze in speaking exams and give such short answers or no answer please give me advice
    listening to foreign radio improves ur speaking ability(atleast i think ) u know the tempo they speak/pronunciation of the words you can understand-anything helps is my view of things
    in ur speaking practise classes ask for tips/more time to write down a couple more notes;its all practise really, youll get better over time-maybe nerves have something to do with it?
    if theres a study trip option at your college take it; my spanish improved A LOT and i was in spain for just 10days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucofthewoods)
    Have you tried speaking to native speakers? As well as listening (as mentioned by angrypoliceman) If your college has native speakers, ask to have extra time with them.

While I tend not to use it much anymore, you could try out Mixxer, a website where you exchange skype details with people wanting to learn your language while helping you with theirs - it can be an effective way to practice your proficiency.

I hope that this helps .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.