Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I’ve applied to study medicine as a second degree as I’m currently predicted for a 2.1 in Pharmacology at GCU. I have applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen. There’s a few questions I’m hoping someone would be able to help me with.

With regards to school grades, does anyone know how each university views them or if they’re even looked at at all if you’re prediticted for a strong science degree? Also, with regards to degree transcripts, does anyone know what is looked, do they look at grades from all four years or is it just your third year grades they consider to confirm you are actually on track for a 2.1?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrewh365)
    Hi all, I’ve applied to study medicine as a second degree as I’m currently predicted for a 2.1 in Pharmacology at GCU. I have applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen. There’s a few questions I’m hoping someone would be able to help me with.

With regards to school grades, does anyone know how each university views them or if they’re even looked at at all if you’re prediticted for a strong science degree? Also, with regards to degree transcripts, does anyone know what is looked, do they look at grades from all four years or is it just your third year grades they consider to confirm you are actually on track for a 2.1?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    As far as I've been lead to belive by the universities themselves, Dundee, Glasgow and Aberdeen just look at your degree. I think Aberdeen and DDundee looked at my transcripts to ascertain whether I met their Chemistry requirements before I applied though. They can't have required much as I only had one pure chem module as well as a couple of metabolism ones. They reason they asked for my transcripts was becasue I was lacking Higher Chem. I have read several time on here however, that several people have matriculated at Aberdeen without ANY chem. So yes, those three just look at your degree transcripts, but how they use those, I can't say. They may look t your yearly average, your overall performance in your final year or perhaps just your classification. I really don't know. Don't know about Edinburgh as I didn't apply there, but I know their vetting system is rather more stringent, as you might expect. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for letting me know! I think endinbugh is a bit ridiculous tbh, but I just applied to fill up my slots 😂 I done chemistry for a full year in first year and theres been plenty of biochemistry,!so I think I’ll be covered with that, hopefully I actually have a shot now 😂 all the best!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.