The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Writing help

Hello there!
To start with, I'm an EU student, studying at University of Bedfordshire.
Also, I'm the first year of course Biomedical science, just started with everything and I'm slowly getting used to uni tempo.
As far as I can see right now ( after getting back feedback from an essay ), my biggest problem will be writing. English is my second language and even though I have dramatically improved it when I was preparing for IELTS exam, it still needs improvement, especially because of my course.
Since this is my second uni ( I did 2 years of sports science ), I am really into this successfully finishing this, which I see as getting 1st class.
The thing is that mostly 25% of grades go on each assignment and that's the reason why I want to prioritize and improve writing.
Right now, I'm spending 4 - 5 hours in the library, preparing for next lectures, reading, writing as much as I can.
So, what I am trying to find are options and books or similar that could help me with achieving that grades, as previously mentioned, especially with grades.
Or any kind of a website where I can get a feedback of my scientific writing/lab reports/etc.
Thank everyone in advance :smile:
Original post by jplascev
Hello there!
To start with, I'm an EU student, studying at University of Bedfordshire.
Also, I'm the first year of course Biomedical science, just started with everything and I'm slowly getting used to uni tempo.
As far as I can see right now ( after getting back feedback from an essay ), my biggest problem will be writing. English is my second language and even though I have dramatically improved it when I was preparing for IELTS exam, it still needs improvement, especially because of my course.
Since this is my second uni ( I did 2 years of sports science ), I am really into this successfully finishing this, which I see as getting 1st class.
The thing is that mostly 25% of grades go on each assignment and that's the reason why I want to prioritize and improve writing.
Right now, I'm spending 4 - 5 hours in the library, preparing for next lectures, reading, writing as much as I can.
So, what I am trying to find are options and books or similar that could help me with achieving that grades, as previously mentioned, especially with grades.
Or any kind of a website where I can get a feedback of my scientific writing/lab reports/etc.
Thank everyone in advance :smile:

Moving this to the relevant uni forum :smile:

The uni has support for international students with communication and study skills. The dept may also offer support with scientific writing which is a skill in itself that you may lack or need help with rather than your English. Your tutor is also a good source of support so have a chat with them.
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending