Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys deal with anger?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by BusinessPug)
    Depends what its about. Im boringly sensible so i dont smash things up.
    Try to think it through and do things that chill me out and work out a positive solution to whatever it is. I might rant a lot for a while then it goes away.

Anger really is a bit self destructive wasteful, so best avoided.

ReputationRep:
    Go out and punch some babies.

TtingTox

ReputationRep:
    Invest in a punch bag

ReputationRep:
    Damn, trying to think of what I do to deal with anger just made me realise that I'm super mellow most of the time.

Only exception is my sister - that's when the screaming and shouting matches happen lol.

ReputationRep:
    Make a video only for myself to watch about me just talking or singing lmfao just to calm me down. Or eat or sleep. Or all 3.

ReputationRep:
    Punch a pillow or scream into one 👍
    Ironically, I don't do that...

ReputationRep:
    I just go to sleep lol

ReputationRep:
    depends on what i'm angry about if my family has made me angry i'll just get angry right back at them and go to my room away from them and calm down and think about why they got upset with me and then probably end up forgetting later on. sometimes i just go for a nice walk to clear my head, sometimes i'll talk to myself about it; if its something else, something serious thats made me mad i'll bottle it up and then finally when it all comes out i'll cry like a baby about it

martial arts
    it wasn't always that way though

ReputationRep:
    Listen to very angry music and either go for a walk, to the gym, or to sit alone in my room. The angry music typically makes whatever situation seem comically dramatic to me after a while and helps me calm down

ReputationRep:
    Read Ta’awuz

ReputationRep:
    Find something weaker to take your anger out on like a pillow, teddy bear or woman

ReputationRep:
    Usually separate myself from everyone else and remind myself of Confucius' quote: "When anger rises, think of the consequences."

Other than that, I control my anger through drumming and martial arts.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If I am training, I deal with anger by beating and kicking against a punchbag. Otherwise I am crying the anger out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.