Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm in Year 11 right now and I'll be having my mocks in December for al my subjects except Geography which I am taking in November.

I bought CGP books for Math according to the right spec along with workbooks and exam style questions.
    What do you recommend in how to revise for Math?
    Where do I start? And how did you do it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, firstly, I’d start with the books. Then questions.

You don’t revise Maths, you practice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What helped me tremendously throughout gcse maths was something called Mathswatch. I had a Mathswatch disc, which my school gave me. It helped me so much, because the disc talked me through methods while also demonstrating them to me, so then I could practice the methods. The disc also gives you some practice questions to test if you know the topic and can remember the methods, which really helped me, because practicing is a key part of maths. Mathswatch was a huge help, so much better than textbooks (for me anyway), it was much less boring because I wasn’t staring at a page and feeling as demotivated. Do try and get one if you can while you still have many months until you do your exams. I would highly recommend it. That’s how I revised maths in exam season, because I will admit, I hardly revised for my maths mocks, which wasn’t good, that was before I got Mathswatch. You could maybe suggest to your school to order you a disc, because it’s so worth it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    questions, questions, questions, questions

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.