The Student Room Group

Dropping out of University

1 5 minutes ago Report post
So my issue started when my A levels started, I had it all, I was achieving high grades in all my mocks and was predicted AAAA, my mother then got cancer and my family started to break down, this completely distracted me from my work and I ended up getting CDEU, I completed a course called Access To Bristol Uni which is for high achievers who want to go to Bristol Uni and was set up for going there. I was then made to re take the year at another school and this in itself was depressing and I did awful yet again, I got BBBCc I did 5 AS and 4 A2 with 14 exams in total. All of my family went to top tier universities such as KCL/UCL/Imperial and here's me at Royal Holloway where I feel stupid as hell. I am studying Mathematics and Economics and have messaged Bristol Uni If It would be possible for me to transfer seeing I have done a million different placement schemes there (I never actually applied to Bristol because my grades were sub-par). Only now has all my family commotion stopped and I am able to focus, I have been averaging 85% on all my essays and mid terms tests so far, I have always had the mental approach that I either go to a good university or dont at all, If Bristol dont let me join I am probably going to quit university, It makes me depressed knowing had this not all happened I would be some place elsewhere... What do I do... I heard Bristol allow some to transfer if you achieve a first in the initial year.
Original post by VonDutchyy
1 5 minutes ago Report post
So my issue started when my A levels started, I had it all, I was achieving high grades in all my mocks and was predicted AAAA, my mother then got cancer and my family started to break down, this completely distracted me from my work and I ended up getting CDEU, I completed a course called Access To Bristol Uni which is for high achievers who want to go to Bristol Uni and was set up for going there. I was then made to re take the year at another school and this in itself was depressing and I did awful yet again, I got BBBCc I did 5 AS and 4 A2 with 14 exams in total. All of my family went to top tier universities such as KCL/UCL/Imperial and here's me at Royal Holloway where I feel stupid as hell. I am studying Mathematics and Economics and have messaged Bristol Uni If It would be possible for me to transfer seeing I have done a million different placement schemes there (I never actually applied to Bristol because my grades were sub-par). Only now has all my family commotion stopped and I am able to focus, I have been averaging 85% on all my essays and mid terms tests so far, I have always had the mental approach that I either go to a good university or dont at all, If Bristol dont let me join I am probably going to quit university, It makes me depressed knowing had this not all happened I would be some place elsewhere... What do I do... I heard Bristol allow some to transfer if you achieve a first in the initial year.

Ask them about what you would need to do for a transfer. If they would consider you for year 1. explain your extenuating circs. Transfers are very rare and some do not allow it, but you should ask as it varies.

If no then ask if they would consider if you resat. The person in charge of the access to Bristol. I would just resit if I was that determined to get into the uni and I knew I could pass at the required grades.

If you dont get in, then if you quit thats fine, just ,live with the consequences. Bit bemusing if you were that selective then why you went there and waste all that money when you could have resat.

Quick Reply

Latest