Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are YorkNotes for good for English A Level Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone are york notes a good resource to use in terms of revision for English Literarure A level i am contemplating whether i should make a purchase or not and im still not sure if i should any advice would be appreciated.
    also can you quote the thread as i have the tsr app and it does not alert me unless you quote
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaFuenteBlanca)
    hey everyone are york notes a good resource to use in terms of revision for English Literarure A level i am contemplating whether i should make a purchase or not and im still not sure if i should any advice would be appreciated.
    also can you quote the thread as i have the tsr app and it does not alert me unless you quote
    I have borrowed the handmaid’s tale from my college library and it is quite useful! Not sure on any other texts though

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Noodlestudent;74284662]I have borrowed the handmaid’s tale from my college library and it is quite useful! Not sure on any other
    what grade did you get for AS and out of 10 what would you give the guide

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=LaFuenteBlanca;74284690]
    (Original post by Noodlestudent)
    I have borrowed the handmaid’s tale from my college library and it is quite useful! Not sure on any other
    what grade did you get for AS and out of 10 what would you give the guide
    I would give it 8/10, it had very detailed uses of language, characters in the novel and narrative features. I haven’t do my AS yet, just trying to get a bit ahead with revision.

ReputationRep:
    I got 99% for English A Level. Yes they're okay, but probably just as good as spark notes. The best is shmoop in my opinion and that is for free! I also try looking for youtube videos on the text you're studying. I did an essay on the Handmaid's Tale that got full marks. I can send you my notes if you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confusedboutlife)
    I got 99% for English A Level. Yes they're okay, but probably just as good as spark notes. The best is shmoop in my opinion and that is for free! I also try looking for youtube videos on the text you're studying. I did an essay on the Handmaid's Tale that got full marks. I can send you my notes and final essay if you like I'm not using them anymore!
    Do you mind if you do that please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confusedboutlife)
    I got 99% for English A Level. Yes they're okay, but probably just as good as spark notes. The best is shmoop in my opinion and that is for free! I also try looking for youtube videos on the text you're studying. I did an essay on the Handmaid's Tale that got full marks. I can send you my notes and final essay if you like I'm not using them anymore!
    That is amazing! If you wouldn’t mind could you send the handmaid’s tale stuff to me as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaFuenteBlanca)
    Do you mind if you do that please
    OK sure I'll send you my notes on PM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.