Are YorkNotes for good for English A Level

Watch
LaFuenteBlanca
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hey everyone are york notes a good resource to use in terms of revision for English Literarure A level i am contemplating whether i should make a purchase or not and im still not sure if i should any advice would be appreciated.
also can you quote the thread as i have the tsr app and it does not alert me unless you quote

Noodlestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LaFuenteBlanca)
hey everyone are york notes a good resource to use in terms of revision for English Literarure A level i am contemplating whether i should make a purchase or not and im still not sure if i should any advice would be appreciated.
also can you quote the thread as i have the tsr app and it does not alert me unless you quote
I have borrowed the handmaid’s tale from my college library and it is quite useful! Not sure on any other texts though
LaFuenteBlanca
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Noodlestudent;74284662]I have borrowed the handmaid’s tale from my college library and it is quite useful! Not sure on any other
what grade did you get for AS and out of 10 what would you give the guide
Noodlestudent
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=LaFuenteBlanca;74284690]
(Original post by Noodlestudent)
I have borrowed the handmaid’s tale from my college library and it is quite useful! Not sure on any other
what grade did you get for AS and out of 10 what would you give the guide
I would give it 8/10, it had very detailed uses of language, characters in the novel and narrative features. I haven’t do my AS yet, just trying to get a bit ahead with revision.
Confusedboutlife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got 99% for English A Level. Yes they're okay, but probably just as good as spark notes. The best is shmoop in my opinion and that is for free! I also try looking for youtube videos on the text you're studying. I did an essay on the Handmaid's Tale that got full marks. I can send you my notes if you like
LaFuenteBlanca
Rep:
?
(Original post by Confusedboutlife)
I got 99% for English A Level. Yes they're okay, but probably just as good as spark notes. The best is shmoop in my opinion and that is for free! I also try looking for youtube videos on the text you're studying. I did an essay on the Handmaid's Tale that got full marks. I can send you my notes and final essay if you like I'm not using them anymore!
Do you mind if you do that please
Noodlestudent
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got 99% for English A Level. Yes they're okay, but probably just as good as spark notes. The best is shmoop in my opinion and that is for free! I also try looking for youtube videos on the text you're studying. I did an essay on the Handmaid's Tale that got full marks. I can send you my notes and final essay if you like I'm not using them anymore!
That is amazing! If you wouldn’t mind could you send the handmaid’s tale stuff to me as well?
Confusedboutlife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LaFuenteBlanca)
Do you mind if you do that please
OK sure I'll send you my notes on PM
Nikki9900
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got 99% for English A Level. Yes they're okay, but probably just as good as spark notes. The best is shmoop in my opinion and that is for free! I also try looking for youtube videos on the text you're studying. I did an essay on the Handmaid's Tale that got full marks. I can send you my notes if you like

Hiya! Is it possible if i could get your notes too? I’m super stuck on doing revision and it would be so useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (21)
9.55%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (132)
60%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
13.64%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (32)
14.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed