Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i have been revising for the novemeber BMAT and i have been getting very random scores like sometimes i would get 7.3 in section 1 and sometimes i would get 3s which is very worrying!
    Has anyone else expereinced this? Please help me out here, is my revision technique the cause? The way i am revising is using past BMAT papers and then going over them with worked solutions until i get every single question right. Do you guys do something differently?
    Help me out guys i just feel so down after getting really random and inconsistant scores for section 1 and i feel like i am not improving despite the huge effort i am putting in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elena77)
    So i have been revising for the novemeber BMAT and i have been getting very random scores like sometimes i would get 7.3 in section 1 and sometimes i would get 3s which is very worrying!
    Has anyone else expereinced this? Please help me out here, is my revision technique the cause? The way i am revising is using past BMAT papers and then going over them with worked solutions until i get every single question right. Do you guys do something differently?
    Help me out guys i just feel so down after getting really random and inconsistant scores for section 1 and i feel like i am not improving despite the huge effort i am putting in
    I've done the papers from 2011-2015 so far my section 1 scores have varied from 4.4 to 5.4

And my section 2 scores are s**t ranging from 3.6 to 4.7

My revision techniques are similar doing papers and then going through worked answers

Which unis you applying to?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Gapmed2018;74288440]I've done the papers from 2011-2015 so far my section 1 scores have varied from 4.4 to 5.4

My revision techniques are similar doing papers and then going through worked answers
    I wouldn't feel disappointed just keep at it it'll be over in six days!

Btw Which unis you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I am definitely struggling with variation in my scores. It seems as though some years where the papers were much more simple that questions are obviously weighted much more heavily. This question-mediated variability has certainly been a component of my variable scores.

I am also revising just using past papers, however in doing so I am making notes on the questions I get wrong and trying to apply the logic to other questions. I don't really feel that section one is too revisable-for, S2 on the other hand obviously is.

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for:
    Cambridge
    Brighton and sussex
    Keele
    Leicester
    What about you?

[QUOTE=Gapmed2018;74288504]
    (Original post by Gapmed2018)
    I've done the papers from 2011-2015 so far my section 1 scores have varied from 4.4 to 5.4

I wouldn't feel disappointed just keep at it it'll be over in six days!

Btw Which unis you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for:
    Cambridge
    Brighton and sussex
    Keele
    Leicester
    What about you?
    BSMS, Lancaster (requiring BMAT) and
    Liverpool, HYMS

ReputationRep:
    I am having exactly the same problem and I'm worried that the BMAT is on Thursday! My scores are also very low - Im unsure as to what to do!!

ReputationRep:
    I guess we are all on the same boat! To be honest guys I am not going to stress myself anymore because I know that medicine is the ultimate dream and goal so I
    don't care if it takes 101 gap years to accomplish. At the end of the day we all have worked our butts off so whatever happens we should accept it and use it
    to test our determination in studying medicine.

ReputationRep:
    If everyone is in the same boat then hopefully we will all get the same range of marks which may be low and hence we all get it. I am determined to get in first time and I’m a natural worrier so I don’t know what I’m going to do 😭😂. How are you feeling about BMAT today ? How have you been preparing ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SL5)
    If everyone is in the same boat then hopefully we will all get the same range of marks which may be low and hence we all get it. I am determined to get in first time and I’m a natural worrier so I don’t know what I’m going to do 😭😂. How are you feeling about BMAT today ? How have you been preparing ?
    I did an essay for section 3 then I just chilled for the rest of the day because I did like 13 BMAT papers this week so i am treating myself. I am mainly using past papers thats all.

ReputationRep:
    I did up to 3-4 past papers a day. Now I do roughly 1-2 a day where I repeat some of the one I did ages ago and forgot since, so I keep practicing. My scores improved significantly, and I find the quick methods for exercises as well (most of the time, at least). Now I just write 2-ish essays a day and sent them off to the examiner who marks them to see whether my score is steady or fluctuating a lot.

To be fair, I recommend just going through solutions and highlighting the exceptions you might find (i.e. knowledge you weren't aware of beforehand).

Other than that, I think for S1 all you can do is just do them over and over again. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    I did up to 3-4 past papers a day. Now I do roughly 1-2 a day where I repeat some of the one I did ages ago and forgot since, so I keep practicing. My scores improved significantly, and I find the quick methods for exercises as well (most of the time, at least). Now I just write 2-ish essays a day and sent them off to the examiner who marks them to see whether my score is steady or fluctuating a lot.

To be fair, I recommend just going through solutions and highlighting the exceptions you might find (i.e. knowledge you weren't aware of beforehand).

Other than that, I think for S1 all you can do is just do them over and over again. Cheers!
    Do you pay for the examiner to mark your essay? I cant seem to find anyone to mark mine as my teachers are always busy.

ReputationRep:
    Do you pay for the examiner to mark your essay? I cant seem to find anyone to mark mine as my teachers are always busy.
    Kinda - I pay for the ones which require a lot of feedback. If they score 4-5A then no

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that’s good ! We have broken up for half term so I can’t send my essays to them or get any feedback and I’ve just been using past papers too however my result keeps fluctuating - one day it’s really high the next it’s very low and I don’t know why 😭

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.