Turn on thread page Beta

Is it offensive to wear a shirt which could have Chinese/Japanese connotations... watch

to a Chinese restaurant? It could possibly be seen as cultural appropriation, given that I am not of asian descent. Would it be offensive? A shirt such as this:

thanks sorry I'm kinda ignorant at times and I know that some people are quite sensitive when it comes to topics like these so I hope that I haven't upset anybody in asking this, I just want to make sure before I make a big mistake lol

ReputationRep:
    not at all,you do you

ReputationRep:
    nah, if people get offended over that then its their problem not yours.

ReputationRep:
    a good general rule of thumb, if you have to ask a question that starts with "is it offensive to..." the answer is probably yes, so err on the side of caution and don't do it

ReputationRep:
    Do not care about other peoples opinions on matters as trivial as this.If somebody got offended by such an immaterial thing as that,I'd punch that deluded snowflake.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.