The Student Room Group

Textbooks

I'm considering taking a level chemistry as a private candidate, what would be the best exam board to take it with and could you please link me to a website that sells the most up to date textbooks for that specification.
Original post by WondzinskiL
I'm considering taking a level chemistry as a private candidate, what would be the best exam board to take it with and could you please link me to a website that sells the most up to date textbooks for that specification.

My school takes OCR A, I think AQA is apparently 'harder' than OCR, so would suggest OCR as unis don't care about what exam board you do. Amazon sell a lot of the textbooks for OCR
Reply 2
Thanks, do you know what the most up to date textbook looks like on the front? Just to make sure I don't buy the wrong one.
Original post by WondzinskiL

Have you considered the cost and difficulty of completing the practical skills component. You are looking at approx £1000 for the exams and practicals as a private candidate.

Amazon.co.uk has all of the latest text books, it should be clear from the title and description it's for a new specification and will have a publication date of 2015 (or later)
(edited 6 years ago)
ocr is the best exam board as aqa is considered too hard and often go off spec
Reply 5
Original post by gdunne42
Have you considered the cost and difficulty of completing the practical skills component. You are looking at approx £1000 for the exams and practicals as a private candidate.

Amazon.co.uk has all of the latest text books, it should be clear from the title and description it's for a new specification and will have a publication date of 2015 (or later)

I saw that when I looked it up so I just gave up on the idea and decided to do A level economics instead.

Quick Reply

Latest