Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think happened to Madeleine McCann???? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ngl the whole thing is a bit shady and the government have spent SO MUCH money on it, do you think her parents were telling the truth? It's sad if they were and everyone is accusing them but... who knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oksafebye)
    Ngl the whole thing is a bit shady and the government have spent SO MUCH money on it, do you think her parents were telling the truth? It's sad if they were and everyone is accusing them but... who knows?
    Personally I think she was murdered and due to her parents being middle class/upper class doctors of course the public will want to help them out and because they are white this contributes to it also.

Many kids are missing atm and not many have had this same exposure so I find it quite damning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    Personally I think she was murdered and due to her parents being middle class/upper class doctors of course the public will want to help them out and because they are white this contributes to it also.

Many kids are missing atm and not many have had this same exposure so I find it quite damning
    Most children reported missing are teenager and they are usually found safe and well with in a couple of days. Young children of 4 years old don't go missing by themselves there usually an accident or murder if there not found in few hours usually something bad has happen

ReputationRep:
    I think her parents made a horrific mistake and I feel very sorry for them. I think I would try to run a mass publicity campaign if one of my kids went missing. I find it sad that they get so much abuse. No one deserves to lose their kid.

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    I think she woke up, wandered out to try to find her parents, and got scooped up.

I have never thought the parents did it and the Portuguese police's suspicions were based partly on not wanting it to be a local, and partly on a cultural misunderstanding about the parents' reactions (British thinking adults should eat dinner separately from children and being naturally stoic, which the Portuguese couldn't understand because Portuguese eat as a family even with tiny children and emotionally it was not how a Portuguese would have reacted). If that is right, then the constant whispers about the parents is absolutely wicked, on top of the fact that they lost their child.

And just to confirm, the restaurant was 50-100 metres from the apartment, it is not like they had popped down to the nearest town for dinner. What parent hasn't been that short distance from their child (especially when they're supposed to be sleeping)?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what happened at the time of disappearance but at this point she's either dead or doesn't realise she's that grill that went missing and is gonna be untraceable.
    (Original post by Crumpet1)
    British thinking adults should eat dinner separately from children
    Literally never heard of this being a common thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Dunno what happened at the time of disappearance but at this point she's either dead or doesn't realise she's that grill that went missing and is gonna be untraceable.

Literally never heard of this being a common thing.
    Really? You've never been to a dinner party where the small kids get fed fish fingers first then packed off to bed, so that the adults can then drink wine, eat decent food and have adult conversation? It's happened all the time in my life. Happened when I was a kid, and it is definitely what happens now I'm an adult and have friends with children.

ReputationRep:
    no idea, its sad but here come the conspiracies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oksafebye)
    turned into a transgender boy who we now refer to her as 'it'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.