Rainbow_Lippy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone else studying a Level 3 Extended Diploma BTEC in Creative Media? Would love to chat with you and know how you are feeling about the course! I'm in my first year 😊
Gueniver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello!

I am studying Level 3 creative media as well! It's great to find someone studying the same course. I'm also in my first year.

Gueniver
gaygaygaygirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A bit late, but hey! I'm studying the same thing, what do you think of it so far?Em
username4036558
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you guys know any good revision resources?
Kinda worried about failing XD
jen_04
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what are the units ur doing? is it worth doing media l3 or changing to something else? idk what i want to do for level 3
Gueniver
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jen_04)
what are the units ur doing? is it worth doing media l3 or changing to something else? idk what i want to do for level 3
Well, for me this year we did
TV Advertisements
Film Studies
Promotional Video
Radio Shows
Radio Dramas
Experimental Film

Next year we should be doing things like music videos and tv shows which sounds like a lot of fun. I've really enjoyed this year and I've managed to keep way up to date with everything, yes it is a lot of paperwork but I enjoy it . I'd say its worth it as long as that's what you want to do in the future
Gueniver
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Maxlogically)
you guys know any good revision resources?
Kinda worried about failing XD
The Creative media book from Pearson (if that is the exam board) However, This isn't really a course that you can study from as its all coursework. Ask your teachers and tutors for the powerpoints from lessons, they will most likely give it to you
Rainbow_Lippy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This year, I did:

Digital Graphics
Video game making
App design
Web design
Careers in the sector
Research unit
Stop motion animation
jen_04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
also has anyone done level 2, what were the units for that? thank you!
jen_04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow_Lippy)
This year, I did:

Digital Graphics
Video game making
App design
Web design
Careers in the sector
Research unit
Stop motion animation
doesn't sound too bad, the only things i have little to no interest in is anything app design-y/video games/anything thats too much like what i'd do in btec IT
Jaffacakelover
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
also has anyone done level 2, what were the units for that? thank you!
Hi I've done Level 2 (I'm in year 11)
The units were:
Media Sectors and Audiences (Exam Unit)
Planning and Pitching a Moving Image Product
Moving Image Production
Print Production

PM if you need any more details
jen_04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jaffacakelover)
Hi I've done Level 2 (I'm in year 11)
The units were:
Media Sectors and Audiences (Exam Unit)
Planning and Pitching a Moving Image Product
Moving Image Production
Print Production

PM if you need any more details
i was told about similar units but w/ fine art and some textiles thing added in there, thank u i'll pm u if i need anything else
Jaffacakelover
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i was told about similar units but w/ fine art and some textiles thing added in there, thank u i'll pm u if i need anything else
We did these units because it was the only ones we could do with the equipment available
lucywil7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am studying this too! I have just done the first exam on representation Unit 1- It was on video game adverts. Wasn't really prepared for that topic but I definitely think it could have been worse. I'm doing Unit 14 and Unit 4 mergered together now for the rest of the year- magazines- not the biggest fan of the subject but am enjoying most of it.
jen_04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lucywil7)
I am studying this too! I have just done the first exam on representation Unit 1- It was on video game adverts. Wasn't really prepared for that topic but I definitely think it could have been worse. I'm doing Unit 14 and Unit 4 mergered together now for the rest of the year- magazines- not the biggest fan of the subject but am enjoying most of it.
did u do level 2? were there exams then?
Paul12345pm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Getrivising.com
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads