Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else studying a Level 3 Extended Diploma BTEC in Creative Media? Would love to chat with you and know how you are feeling about the course! I'm in my first year 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am studying Level 3 creative media as well! It's great to find someone studying the same course. I'm also in my first year.

Gueniver

ReputationRep:
    A bit late, but hey! I'm studying the same thing, what do you think of it so far?Em

ReputationRep:
    you guys know any good revision resources?
    Kinda worried about failing XD

ReputationRep:
    what are the units ur doing? is it worth doing media l3 or changing to something else? idk what i want to do for level 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jen_04)
    what are the units ur doing? is it worth doing media l3 or changing to something else? idk what i want to do for level 3
    Well, for me this year we did
    TV Advertisements
    Film Studies
    Promotional Video
    Radio Shows
    Radio Dramas
    Experimental Film

Next year we should be doing things like music videos and tv shows which sounds like a lot of fun. I've really enjoyed this year and I've managed to keep way up to date with everything, yes it is a lot of paperwork but I enjoy it . I'd say its worth it as long as that's what you want to do in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxlogically)
    you guys know any good revision resources?
    Kinda worried about failing XD
    The Creative media book from Pearson (if that is the exam board) However, This isn't really a course that you can study from as its all coursework. Ask your teachers and tutors for the powerpoints from lessons, they will most likely give it to you

ReputationRep:
    This year, I did:

Digital Graphics
    Video game making
    App design
    Web design
    Careers in the sector
    Research unit
    Stop motion animation

ReputationRep:
    also has anyone done level 2, what were the units for that? thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow_Lippy)
    This year, I did:

Digital Graphics
    Video game making
    App design
    Web design
    Careers in the sector
    Research unit
    Stop motion animation
    doesn't sound too bad, the only things i have little to no interest in is anything app design-y/video games/anything thats too much like what i'd do in btec IT

ReputationRep:
    also has anyone done level 2, what were the units for that? thank you!
    Hi I've done Level 2 (I'm in year 11)
    The units were:
    Media Sectors and Audiences (Exam Unit)
    Planning and Pitching a Moving Image Product
    Moving Image Production
    Print Production

PM if you need any more details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaffacakelover)
    Hi I've done Level 2 (I'm in year 11)
    The units were:
    Media Sectors and Audiences (Exam Unit)
    Planning and Pitching a Moving Image Product
    Moving Image Production
    Print Production

PM if you need any more details
    i was told about similar units but w/ fine art and some textiles thing added in there, thank u i'll pm u if i need anything else

ReputationRep:
    i was told about similar units but w/ fine art and some textiles thing added in there, thank u i'll pm u if i need anything else
    We did these units because it was the only ones we could do with the equipment available

ReputationRep:
    I am studying this too! I have just done the first exam on representation Unit 1- It was on video game adverts. Wasn't really prepared for that topic but I definitely think it could have been worse. I'm doing Unit 14 and Unit 4 mergered together now for the rest of the year- magazines- not the biggest fan of the subject but am enjoying most of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucywil7)
    I am studying this too! I have just done the first exam on representation Unit 1- It was on video game adverts. Wasn't really prepared for that topic but I definitely think it could have been worse. I'm doing Unit 14 and Unit 4 mergered together now for the rest of the year- magazines- not the biggest fan of the subject but am enjoying most of it.
    did u do level 2? were there exams then?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.