Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the virtual information session?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmr21092)
    Someone posted earlier that they would be after the Dundee invites/rejections so hopefully we'll hear soon! Wonder if we'll be able to see number of viewers on Monday's session?
    Hopefully we should! I'm not sure if we will be able to see number of viewers tbh, I guess we will just have to find out on the day.

(Original post by Saysteph)
    What is the virtual information session?
    The virtual information session is basically a webinar which will provide applicants with information on the course and application process, followed by a question and answer session. You should have received an email with details of how to register for it. Check your emails, everything is explained in the email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afullah)
    The virtual information session is basically a webinar which will provide applicants with information on the course and application process, followed by a question and answer session. You should have received an email with details of how to register for it. Check your emails, everything is explained in the email.
    I had thought by the sounds of the email that the information session was for people who were thinking of applying in the future (and I just happened to already be on their mailing list). Now I’m not too sure though since you guys are planning on attending!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grad.med.app)
    I had thought by the sounds of the email that the information session was for people who were thinking of applying in the future (and I just happened to already be on their mailing list). Now I’m not too sure though since you guys are planning on attending!
    I think that is the main aim of the session, but i'm going to listen in to see if I learn anything new about the course. Might end up just being repetition though I also wasn't able to attend any of the open days, so might be useful

Also I don't think everyone who applied to Dundee has heard back yet, so looks like we're still waiting. Wonder if we will get replies by next Wednesday, as that's 2 weeks until the interview dates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella_mai)
    I think that is the main aim of the session, but i'm going to listen in to see if I learn anything new about the course. Might end up just being repetition though I also wasn't able to attend any of the open days, so might be useful

Also I don't think everyone who applied to Dundee has heard back yet, so looks like we're still waiting. Wonder if we will get replies by next Wednesday, as that's 2 weeks until the interview dates!
    I just had a look at the Dundee 2018 thread and interviews were sent out on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I've just received an email for interview. Check your emails!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what your GAMSAT was?

ReputationRep:
    I also have an interview invite yay!

ReputationRep:
    That’s amazing - well done!

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Did you just hear back now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella_mai)
    Well done! Did you just hear back now?
    Thanks! I was about 3/4 hours ago now.

Did anybody join the virtual chat this afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I was about 3/4 hours ago now.

Did anybody join the virtual chat this afternoon?
    Yeah - they didn’t give much away tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nifera)
    Yeah - they didn’t give much away tbh
    Ahh oh, was it still useful though? Did you manage to see how many people attended?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh oh, was it still useful though? Did you manage to see how many people attended?
    I didn’t sorry didn’t seem like a lot from the questions

ReputationRep:
    It's OK, no worries! It's just so difficult to work out the level of interest in such a new course (not that it should make any difference, but it's interesting!)

I didn’t sorry didn’t seem like a lot from the questions

ReputationRep:
    It's OK, no worries! It's just so difficult to work out the level of interest in such a new course (not that it should make any difference, but it's interesting!)
    i know! would have been good if they told us how many they had applying but their reasoning was fair enough

ReputationRep:
    i know! would have been good if they told us how many they had applying but their reasoning was fair enough
    So did they mention anything about this years applications, or was it mainly for those interested in applying in future years?

ReputationRep:
    So did they mention anything about this years applications, or was it mainly for those interested in applying in future years?
    They put a disclaimer at the beginning pretty much saying that they were unable to discuss this years applications - so we got absolutely nothing

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting, let's hope that they send some more invitations today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kninno)
    I am still waiting, let's hope that they send some more invitations today...
    I’m sure they will all be done by the end of this week - the interviews are just over two weeks away!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 7, 2018

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.