ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by XOR_)
    :unsure: ok
    XOR
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    really overwhelmed and frustrated with myself.

I thought I was finally over the whole body consciousness thing. I got a lovely new AK kurta yesterday, try it on and my collarbones are protruding so much I feel like crying. I've never been so suddenly offended by my own body and it feels like a HUGE slap in the face. Then today I read a maths problem "women with a mean weight of 55kg and a standard deviation of 5kg" and I immediately began loathing myself for not falling into that bracket which I know is completely ridiculous because IT'S A ****ING FICTIONAL MATHS PROBLEM :cry2::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling like a failure cos I just left my mock exam and it was so hard smh. Certain I'm getting an F

ReputationRep:
    Anxious :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Dr Strange a scientist? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like crying... it's been a long time since I've had a proper cry. A few tears here or there only
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by starfab)
    I feel like crying... it's been a long time since I've had a proper cry. A few tears here or there only
    :console:

Sometimes we need a good cry to let it out of our system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    :console:

Sometimes we need a good cry to let it out of our system.
    True and that's why I need a good cry, but can't :sigh: It's all sorta choked up lol

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad, I can't face up to other peoples problems rn.

ReputationRep:
    A bit blue. My head hurts when I try and look at the bigger picture. So I'm trying to focus on the here and now, which makes me a little sad because it is, in a way, all pointless.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Dr Strange a scientist? :holmes:
    :nah: They're not quite as busy as us

True and that's why I need a good cry, but can't :sigh: It's all sorta choked up lol
    Aww :hugs: It does tend to build up sometimes so that's maybe why you can't :console: One strategy to beat this might be watching/hearing something sad to trigger it. Not the nicest suggestion but yeah

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad, I can't face up to other peoples problems rn.
    And you on't need to! Take your time :hugs: we are here for you :yes:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    A bit blue. My head hurts when I try and look at the bigger picture. So I'm trying to focus on the here and now, which makes me a little sad because it is, in a way, all pointless.
    Relatable :sigh: maybe we should really look at the bigger picture? :dontknow:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i dont know if i should be angry or upset or even if me being like this is just or not
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    really overwhelmed and frustrated with myself.

I thought I was finally over the whole body consciousness thing. I got a lovely new AK kurta yesterday, try it on and my collarbones are protruding so much I feel like crying. I've never been so suddenly offended by my own body and it feels like a HUGE slap in the face. Then today I read a maths problem "women with a mean weight of 55kg and a standard deviation of 5kg" and I immediately began loathing myself for not falling into that bracket which I know is completely ridiculous because IT'S A ****ING FICTIONAL MATHS PROBLEM :cry2::cry2:
    :console: Maths problems where they've tried to apply some context has been applied tend to be a load of bs anyway :lol: So don't get hung up on stuff like that :no:

And the thing is we all have stuff to work on but that doesn't mean we're in an unacceptable state - it just means that we have a reason to try every day. And as long as you don't forget how much you matter and that you deserve to be happy and well, things will always progress :yes: And dw, people will keep reminding you just in case you forget that now and again You shouldn't ever forget tho :slap: :lol:

And....

"Mistakes are proof that you're trying" - Unknown

ReputationRep:
    I'd like a laugh, dc who, how.

ReputationRep:
    My sleep is surely having a laugh

ReputationRep:
    Like the loss of the joys of my life is really hitting me in this moment.

ReputationRep:
    Up early trying to finish my uni assignment that is due today 🙃

ReputationRep:
    More than a laugh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.