The Student Room Group

How are you feeling right now? MKVI

Scroll to see replies

:teehee:
depressed 😢😢
Nostalgic.. Just heard a song that brought those feelings back.
Hurt.
I feel pretty ****ed. Realistically, it's not that bad, but still, I've been a lazy moron as usual. I need to have my supervisor and title for my dissertation sorted by October 29th. Seems like a long time, obviously, but we were supposed to talk to a bunch of staff at the end of last year or over summer if necessary and I just haven't. And I keep excusing myself from doing anything, saying that I can't see anyone in person until I go back anyway, and so not much can be accomplished, so I might as well do nothing, but it's still just constantly bothering me. I'm so indecisive and unassertive and my level of procrastination in certain matters is just stupid. I know there will be people in a similar boat to me but most of those who care a lot and are interested in doing a PhD are waaaay ahead of me because they're not morons. I'm also just terrified about the amount of work a dissertation will be.
(edited 5 years ago)
Just realised it’s suicide prevention day day it reminded me of one of my assistant head teachers who took their own life a few weeks ago :frown:

It’s something that I’ve had thoughts about too and it isn’t a great feeling :redface:
Original post by math42
I feel pretty ****ed. Realistically, it's not that bad, but still, I've been a lazy moron as usual. I need to have my supervisor and title for my dissertation sorted by October 29th. Seems like a long time, obviously, but we were supposed to talk to a bunch of staff at the end of last year or over summer if necessary and I just haven't. And I keep excusing myself from doing anything, saying that I can't see anyone in person until I go back anyway, and so not much can be accomplished, so I might as well do nothing, but it's still just constantly bothering me. I'm so indecisive and unassertive and my level of procrastination in certain matters is just stupid. I know there will be people in a similar boat to me but most of those who care a lot and are interested in doing a PhD are waaaay ahead of me because they're not morons. I'm also just terrified about the amount of work a dissertation will be.

Easy to be overwhelmed. The trick is to break things down into manageable, achievable chunks, the bring it all together at the end. The more you put it off the worse it will be, so get started now and see your supervisor or whoever else you need to in order to get yourself sorted. tell them that you are feeling out of your depth - they can help.

Back on topic, I'm thirsty. So I'm gonna go make a brew and check on the dogs while I am at it.
Original post by gjd800

Back on topic, I'm thirsty. So I'm gonna go make a brew and check on the dogs while I am at it.

you're so cool :hugs:
Original post by CoolCavy
you're so cool :hugs:

I dunno about that, haha :laugh:

They've not been well, so got to keep an eye on them until we can get them to the vet's in the morning. I think they are passing a tummy bug back and forth between them or something.
Original post by gjd800
I dunno about that, haha :laugh:

They've not been well, so got to keep an eye on them until we can get them to the vet's in the morning. I think they are passing a tummy bug back and forth between them or something.

i do :hugs: your presence on site cheers me up :hugs:
oh thats so dreadful :frown: hope they will be ok, what dogs do you have? :hugs:
i do :hugs: your presence on site cheers me up :hugs:
oh thats so dreadful :frown: hope they will be ok, what dogs do you have? :hugs:

Well, thank you!

I have a German Shepherd and a Romanian Mioritic, so a couple of big girls... Which means it is especially ...problematic... when their bellies are off :laugh:
Original post by gjd800
Well, thank you!

I have a German Shepherd and a Romanian Mioritic, so a couple of big girls... Which means it is especially ...problematic... when their bellies are off :laugh:

:hugs:

ahhhh proper dogs :biggrin: :run:
Original post by RichPiana
Just realised it’s suicide prevention day day it reminded me of one of my assistant head teachers who took their own life a few weeks ago :frown:

It’s something that I’ve had thoughts about too and it isn’t a great feeling :redface:

:console: Must've really shaken you up? I'm sorry to hear about your struggles and also the assistant heads. :/ That's sad.
:hugs:

ahhhh proper dogs :biggrin: :run:

Yep, I like my big mutts! Until they try to steal the bed, ha.
Original post by Pathway
:console: Must've really shaken you up? I'm sorry to hear about your struggles and also the assistant heads. :/ That's sad.

It definitely did shake me up, especially as it was so surprising to see. They were always smiling and happy. Goes to show that things aren’t always what they appear.
It definitely did shake me up, especially as it was so surprising to see. They were always smiling and happy. Goes to show that things aren’t always what they appear.

Very true. Having said that, it's still startling when you do know someone's struggling and they die by suicide. :/ Suicide is just...I dunno, no one knows what to do with the people left behind, so they avoid us/the subject. :dontknow: I hope you're taking care of yourself? Its important. :console:
Content.

:frown:

Don't even think about it !!!!!! :afraid:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
So lazy, don’t wanna do anything but don’t wanna sleep either...
its 4am...i have to be up at 6...oof wish me luck guys my poor tired ass needs it 😩

Quick Reply

Latest