Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently revising by making timelines (Russia 1917-1929) and wondering if I should section it in terms of chronology or actual topic e.g. revolution, foreign intervention, power struggle etc.? Thanks for the help!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by xloismoorex)
    Currently revising by making timelines (Russia 1917-1929) and wondering if I should section it in terms of chronology or actual topic e.g. revolution, foreign intervention, power struggle etc.? Thanks for the help!
    If you buy some revision books they normally come with very good timelines.

I think i drew one up. The reason its useful is because it lest you learn the core sequence of events. I always wanted to know those. Basic notes.

I would then write a second set of revision notes or mind maps dealing with specific areas. these are what you use for your exams but you cant get there without understanding how it all fits together.

So the notes might be. Rule of the Tsar- revolution- civil war- first steps in power- reforms. A decent revision You cnat write the essay without knowing how it fits together and some depth.
    book will do all this for you, then its a case of moving on and writing essays.

Advice 1 master timeline.

Notes on areas with a mini selective timeline for those. i.e the key dates and events. You could make that part of a mind map.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.