Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Someone tell me something that will motivate me Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I just have 0 motivation for studying I thought and told myself that I'll end up homeless etc... if I don't study and can't get a job but it still don't work my brain just has 0 interest in studying ... idk what to do I'm scared of my future
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stack__)
    So I just have 0 motivation for studying I thought and told myself that I'll end up homeless etc... if I don't study and can't get a job but it still don't work my brain just has 0 interest in studying ... idk what to do I'm scared of my future
    What I say to myself: May as well spend your time doing something that has a potentially sizeable impact on your future while you still have control over what goes on in your life, otherwise you're just doing monotonous activites and being pointlessly lazy that wastes the time you have before you're dead and buried in the ground.

Yes, being that macabre does motivate me lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xloismoorex)
    What I say to myself: May as well spend your time doing something that has a potentially sizeable impact on your future while you still have control over what goes on in your life, otherwise you're just doing monotonous activites and being pointlessly lazy that wastes the time you have before you're buried in the ground.
    I was their was a machine that I could plug my brain into and code it to love studying or just be a very smart person and start up a business asap lol

ReputationRep:
    More studying = better grades = good uni/ apprenticeship = good job = good money = happy person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lia22)
    More studying = better grades = good uni/ apprenticeship = good job = good money = happy person.
    Nah my brains like **** that no way I'm going to go college and do work.. It sounds like a joke but I'm dead serious I just don't like it I find it boring very boring

ReputationRep:
    If you don’t do well in your exams you’ll have wasted the first 16 or so years of your life (presuming you’re doing GCSEs???) and you can never get those years back so you may as well outback the work in now and get something out of it all

ReputationRep:
    Nah my brains like **** that no way I'm going to go college and do work.. It sounds like a joke but I'm dead serious I just don't like it I find it boring very boring
    What about trying out for an apprenticeship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lia22)
    What about trying out for an apprenticeship?
    Now that's what I want to do but I struggle finding one that will get me in because of my GCSEs grades sadly... I done very bad at them.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/xDLZvyjs3J4

ReputationRep:
    Don't need to be smart to start up a business...Plenty of dumbies with a working business..

ReputationRep:
    Life awards the dogged, not the qualified.

ReputationRep:
    anotha 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    anotha 1
    The key is to never give up never surrender. They don’t want us to win. So we gonna win more. Bless up 🙏🏽

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to be scared because if you don't study you won't have a future to worry about lol

ReputationRep:
    Eh.....just set short term goal for yourself like....Pass the up coming exam, maybe (idk how bad your situation is but I'm jus assuming the worst here)? If you're getting something like 60%, do at least 10 past papers b4 the next exam?

ReputationRep:

It's the mindset you need, you need the drive to come from within yourself

. for me, it took failing my A levels and disappointing my family , to kick myself up the ass

second time round i did brilliantly and now go to a top Russel group uni

discipline, my friend. it will take you far.

ReputationRep:
    I think what makes me motivated is seeing the role I'll be doing in the future. I'm really excited to graduate so I can go out and do the thing I love. I don't see myself doing something else and if I fail my dream won't become true.

ReputationRep:
    For me, I reflect on my current situation looking at my life from so many different angles, from my social life to my finances, scrutinise everything and then think about what it could be. Actually make goals for yourself and i don't mean a timetable sketching out every single second, but accomplishments and things you want to achieve, because at the end of the day when you're dying/on your death bed you're not going to look back on your life through someone else's lenses but instead from your own, not how you hurt someone but how it felt to get hurt yourself, and not look at what you have done but what you know in your heart that you could have done. And so make it easier for yourself and make a life for yourself that you could be proud of. I hope you get what i'm saying and it helps.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to go to Uni/College if you don't want to there are other opportunities but you do need to try your best at school and get decent grades in your GCSE's and A Levels if you do them. It's just something everyone has to do just tell yourself that you only have to go through this s*** once and it will make the rest of your life better.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.