Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need to lose weight pls help Watch

ReputationRep:
    So i badly need to lose some weight, I'm not 'large' nor 'small' but i do carry extra weight. I roughly need to lose 2 stone or a stone and a half. Now all my extra fat is my lower stomach and tops of thighs. I actually have a slim waist but its just the rest. I'm not sure how to word it without sounding like im exaggerating and don't actually need to or that im lying and actually need to lose like 7 stone, you get me? I know weight doesn't matter but I'm just so unhappy but no idea where to start. Like what do i eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, food is my problem and although i love healthy food, i never find myself eating it. So can people please suggest advice or recommend websites or YouTube channels or food to have or anything, i really want to of lost weight by summer 2018
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Lucy Wyndham-Read (I think), has some really good easy walking workouts on youtube, they range from 10 to 20 minutes, I try to do 2 a day, they aren't too tiring but i get a nice little sweat on so i know the workout is doing something
    Plus just watching what I eat, I log all my calories on an app "My diet coach", I try not to go over 1700 a day, I can log my exercise and water intake too
    Been doing this since the middle of august and i've lost 1.5 stone!!

ReputationRep:
    Find out how many calories you need to be on a calorie deficit then count your calories and make sure you only have that amount. Exercise with a combination of weights followed by cardio in each session. Go to your gym, they'll make a plan for you to help you lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    Also apps like “Lose it” are good because you can record foods on that too (it also has foods from different stores etc with the calories in them). In addition, if you put in your current weight, how much you want to lose and how much a week (eg a 1lb a week) then it’ll give you an idea of how many calories you should be taking in. Just remember to do some exercise... even if it’s walking or something and don’t avoid carbs (most of your energy should come from complex carbs eg potatoes, rice, other starchy foods)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The easiest way is to start weight training. As a beginner you can recomp. And gaining weight (it's muscle, so GOOD weight) will increase your metabolism allowing you to diet on higher calories, which makes it SIGNIFICANTLY easier. If you're a girl do a bunch of leg and butt work like all the girls do. You won't get "too big" as a natty, especially a natty woman.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.