Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should people be able to get pads and tampons for free? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    It's periods. Extremely painful periods and we have to pay for it? Even £1 is a little too much for that. But I mean, that's your opinion.
    I have a psychotic disorder for which I take 5 different medications a month and have been for the past 10 years. It's not on the list of NHS exemptions. Why should I have to pay for drugs to stop me hearing voices? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I have a psychotic disorder for which I take 5 different medications a month and have been for the past 10 years. It's not on the list of NHS exemptions. Why should I have to pay for drugs to stop me hearing voices? :dontknow:
    I've never said once that you should have to pay. I personally think that you shouldn't pay for stuff like pads/tampons or medication.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've never said once that you should have to pay. I personally think that you shouldn't pay for stuff like pads/tampons or medication.
    Interesting. :beard:

I get migraines. Caffeine helps with the pain when painkillers and topamax have failed. Are you gonna fund my Starbucks?

ReputationRep:

I get migraines. Caffeine helps with the pain when painkillers and topamax have failed. Are you gonna fund my Starbucks?
    -_- obviously not
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    -_- obviously not
    I didn't choose to have migraines and I am in pain. These happen more than once a month despite being on medication. They can also last 3 or 4 days.

Do you not see what a slippery slope this is?

ReputationRep:

Panadol, feminax, hot water bottles and even chocolate have been said to alleviate period pain. No ones asking for all of that to be free so why are you dragging it out?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Yeah well I didn't choose to require nourishment to survive; guess the taxpayer should fill my fridge for me.
    But everyone needs food. You're not special.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think so.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh yes! Think! If women didn't have pads and tampons, we'd just be free bleeding! It's actually insane that we have to pay for something that we cannot control
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think they should definitely be free, at least in schools and colleges however if funding was available then free for women of all ages. No one chooses to have a period and they cost so much that it is ridiculously expensive for families with lower income, and can come out of savings for other things (such as school uniform)

ReputationRep:
    In our college (I guess because we're smaller) we have a schedule for certain people to stock the supply each week, again this isn't tackling the fact that the tax needs to be abolished or the fact that in many larger schools they should be free but I guess there are other ways to help... in some ways I guess this issue has just been brushed under the carpet because of embarrassment etc. but it's great seeing an increase awareness over the years and people actually acknowledging the changes needed 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Sure, as long as toilet paper is free. I didn't choose to have to poo. It happens regardless of whether I decide I want to or not. Why shouldn't toilet paper be free?
    I didn't choose to be born, why shouldn't everything be free?

Help, help, I'm being repressed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    I didn't choose to be born, why shouldn't everything be free?

Help, help, I'm being repressed!
    You think you've got it hard - I identify as a rich man stuck in a poor man's body, but banks won't give me money. Bunch of transwealthaphobes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Sure, as long as toilet paper is free. I didn't choose to have to poo. It happens regardless of whether I decide I want to or not. Why shouldn't toilet paper be free?
    Are you the only one that uses toilet paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Are you the only one that uses toilet paper?
    I hope not. Otherwise, I'm done shaking hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    But everyone needs food. You're not special.
    Half the population of earth is female, you’re not special
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Half the population of earth is female, you’re not special
    That's different. Or would you be ok with us bleeding everywhere?

ReputationRep:
    Free is difficult, but for sure exempt from VAT or at least reduced rate.

ReputationRep:
    Would you be okay with everyone pooing everywhere?

ReputationRep:
    Is that the comparative here? You either pay for our sanitary products* or we start dripping all over the place?

This thread is one big 'gibs' fest. Freeloaders unite.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.