Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming high and in the long run, I hope to end up working internationally at something like the UN or EU or a high ranking job in the government.

For these sorts of jobs, a masters will usually help a lot, so I was planning on possibly doing a Geography degree, followed by a GDL and then an LLM in something like international or corporate law.

Best case scenario, I'll get into something like Cambridge/LSE/UCL for Geography and be fluent in German (and hopefully French) by the time I graduate.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    What advice are you looking for? The thread title doesn't seem to be entirely on all fours with what you've written in your post. If your query was whether you can be a barrister after doing a non law degree followed by the GDL the answer is yes, you can, and taking that route doesn't affect your chances of becoming a barrister (or solicitor) in and of itself.

Beyond that, you have lofty ambitions, and there's nothing wrong with that. You have your path planned out for at least your first five years or so of higher education, and that's good. There's clearly a large gap between finishing higher education and working in a high ranking government position in the UN or EU. Personally whilst I expect there are many different routes that could get you to your eventual goal, and law would certainly be one of those, I don't have any specific knowledge of that career path, so there's little I can help with unless you have any queries about the legal path itself. There may be others who can help with that, but you may get more helpful answers if you can identify any specific issues or queries that you're looking for advice on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.