Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are BBC but I’m applying to Lincoln to do Biomedical science. Do you think they’d consider my offer with me achieving pretty bad AS grades.

Biology:B
    Art:B
    German: E
    Chemistry: E

The only result that’ll be shown on my UCAS will be my chemistry grade since I’m no longer doing it. Will unis look down on that bad grade and will it effect my chances of getting into Lincoln?

ReputationRep:
    do you realise that on UCAS you have to show every single external exam you have taken, if you don't declare a grade, they can check your exam record and cancel your application, was your German an external AS?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    do you realise that on UCAS you have to show every single external exam you have taken, if you don't declare a grade, they can check your exam record and cancel your application, was your German an external AS?
    My teacher said if I’m taking the subject through to A2 then I don’t need to declare the grade with it being a new spec the grade doesn’t count towards my final grade.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately that's the lie teachers have been telling us, according to UCAS which is he system you will use to apply,you must declare all grades regardless of whether it is AS or A2. By means you don't have to declare the admissions office may not check your record. but if they check you're screwed. check if you don't believe me but before you send off your application you need to sign some terms and conditions, claiming that you have declared all grades. I understand my pain as my teacher all told me I didn't need to declare so I learnt the hard way

ReputationRep:
    as in you are correct that the grade doesn't count towards your final grade, but they want you to declare, literally go on UCAS and search it up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.