Turn on thread page Beta

Some questions for unattractive people watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Although you can't do much to change the shape of your features (without $$$$), there are some reasonable steps you can take:

Experiment with different hair styles and colours, learn how to style your hair and make-up properly, in ways that will suit your face shape.

If your skin is bad, go to the doctors, invest in good skin products, do what you have to do.

Exercise, regularly, eat healthier and drink loads of water. If you are overweight, then losing just a small amount of weight will make you feel 100 times better. Diet isn't enough, you need an exercise routine to keep weight off and improve your physique.

There is no way of "just dealing" with being ugly. You have to change what you can, and just accept what you can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iasfuidtd)
    No I'm not obese but that's what I plan on doing, will an exercise bike help lose weight?
    sure-if u burn 100calories on the bike and only eat 50 calories more then it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I love the quote "those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".

I don't think I cope particularly well being unattractive but I have a couple of things that help;
    -if i find myself being anxious or upset over it, I ask myself why I care? If I come up with an answer, I ask myself again. I keep delving into that until I realise there's no logic behind it. I confuse the **** out of myself.
    -surround myself with people who don't care what I look like.
    -my main issue is my weight, so on my good days I focus on eating healthily, exercising, etc.
    -one thing my therapist told me was to write a list of things I do like about myself, and make THAT what people remember about me. First impressions are one thing (I get a lot of people judging me based on my looks) but reinventing your image (I try to tell jokes, keep a conversation going, talk about something they like) often over runs that.
    -don't care about what the people outside of your life think. Dyou remember anyone maybe you passed in the corridor once and never saw again? No one really picks up on other people unless there's some sort of interaction taking place, so for a start, try to remember they won't even remember you in 5 seconds.

I had a guy dump me for being unattractive, so that probably intensified the problem, but if all else fails, remember one day we'll all grow old, we'll all be unattractive, and then the intelligent, funny successful ones will rise

Sending hugs.
    Hi thanks for the advice. You don't sound unattractive though, if you managed to get a boyfriend in the first place. And I'm trying to lose weight as well
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    Although you can't do much to change the shape of your features (without $$$$), there are some reasonable steps you can take:

Experiment with different hair styles and colours, learn how to style your hair and make-up properly, in ways that will suit your face shape.

If your skin is bad, go to the doctors, invest in good skin products, do what you have to do.

Exercise, regularly, eat healthier and drink loads of water. If you are overweight, then losing just a small amount of weight will make you feel 100 times better. Diet isn't enough, you need an exercise routine to keep weight off and improve your physique.

There is no way of "just dealing" with being ugly. You have to change what you can, and just accept what you can't.
    Thanks and Can't really do much with my hair since I have big ears to hide so all I can really do it straighten it. My skins not too bad, it's just my features on my face. And I'm losing weight

ReputationRep:
    How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    People like you make me annoyed. I haven't kissed a girl nor have a ever had a girlfriend but that doesn't make me ugly. You know very well yourself that you're not ugly and to be ugly even your parents wouldn't love you so I suggest you call yourself beautiful from now on and give me a kiss. if you want for the latter. and yes you do look pretty
    really? damn.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, don't feel too bad, yes the UK is pretty conceited and looks oriented which sucks, but there are still plenty of people who will value you for your character and not judgee on looks. You're probably not as bad as you think, and even so you can work on it, like workout regularly, get good makeup, do your hair well, dress nicely, these things help A LOT, like seriously don't underestimate the little things they all add up! Small changes can make you look like a different person!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esmeralda17)
    Hey, don't feel too bad, yes the UK is pretty conceited and looks oriented which sucks, but there are still plenty of people who will value you for your character and not judgee on looks. You're probably not as bad as you think, and even so you can work on it, like workout regularly, get good makeup, do your hair well, dress nicely, these things help A LOT, like seriously don't underestimate the little things they all add up! Small changes can make you look like a different person!
    x
    Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    You are still very young, wait until your features have completely stopped growing/balancing out until you consider any plastic surgery. You are too young to be considering it at the moment. When I was 16 I had VERY different ideas about what I considered pretty, and features I used to want changed I am now glad I have.

If you look at pictures of famous supermodels, none of them are what we would probably call "pretty", they have a very unique look which to the ordinary person would be considered ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    I cope by crying myself to sleep at night.
    It's ok to cry. There was a time that this was a good method for me to cope with certain negative things in my life as well. Feel silly remembering it now but was a pretty dam good coping method doe. Made me feel like I was letting out all my bottled up sorrow and self loathing and it was the only way I knew how. Be strong, my man and others in the same situation. The future is full of surprises and opportunities to make those surprises become pleasant. I am now in a better state of mind,body and spirituality which I am satisfied with because I turned that negative emotion into motivation to improve things I can improve on.

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothing i can do to change the way i look so i (try to) ignore the negative thoughts and stop caring about what others think of me. I know its easier said than done but it does get easier after a while.

hey, i completely relate to you

im hella short and overweight for that height, my nose is way too big and completely shapeless, my cheeks don't correlate with my face, and i suffered from acne for a very long time so i still have pigmentation, scarring and hella big pores.

certain things i had to accept for now, like my height (5 feet only at the age of 17) . I started wearing makeup at a really young age, so my skills have grown, and experiementing with my face has taught me what goes and what doesn't. i'm pretty sure you can work on that? honestly i've done a lot of people's faces and you can do WONDERS. I do get people telling me that 'm wearing way too much makeup but it feels good so why not?

A few years ago i dropped wearing glasses and switched to contacts, and people complimented my eyes, so i enhance that in my makeup routine. My hair is quite thick too, so i've committed to growing it long, just so theres somethig else to attract attention away from my bad skin and focus on.

i think you just have to accept the things you can't change for now, and change what you can. i come from a south asian family, and i only have cousins my age on my mom's side and they are very very attractive (like indian actress level, if they were taller). it was hard dealing with that, because people would approach us just to specifically compliemnt a cousin's appearance and add a little "you too" at the side for me. and every relative/ famil friends house i visited, they would suggest this next miracle acne remedy that worked for their next door neighbour's cousin's cat. there's also an obsession with being fair and people would give my mom illegal whitening creams for me to try out. and these people have no filter and they would literally look at my face with a frown and ask my mom 'whats wrong with her'.

so yeah, it was pretty hard to deal with, it felt like the whole world found me ugly, not just myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tindalland)
    I don't believe you, I bet you get it all the time
    Aw you're sweet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    It's ok to cry. There was a time that this was a good method for me to cope with certain negative things in my life as well. Feel silly remembering it now but was a pretty dam good coping method doe. Made me feel like I was letting out all my bottled up sorrow and self loathing and it was the only way I knew how. Be strong, my man and others in the same situation. The future is full of surprises and opportunities to make those surprises become pleasant. I am now in a better state of mind,body and spirituality which I am satisfied with because I turned that negative emotion into motivation to improve things I can improve on.
    I guess now would be a bad time to say I wasnt being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iasfuidtd)
    I wish I could say the same thing....I'm not intelligent at all though
    You can change that as long as you dedicate yourself to it. What interests you? Find books related to that subject in the library. Become an expert of the topic. Do mental exercises and push your brain. Minds are flexible things, you just gotta bend yours into whatever shape you want it to be. I'm sure you're more intelligent than you're giving yourself credit for anyway, it's just that your self-esteem's particuarly low rn.

You can do it (:

It doesn't affect a lot of people. I'm not ugly and I've never kissed a boy and I know plenty of ugly girls who have.

ReputationRep:
    I've learned to not give a **** and just focus on my studies. Someone attractive right now, who relies on their beauty to get them anywhere they want to in life, will find themselves stuck when they begin to age......

ReputationRep:
    damn relax your features are still growing- i had big ears when i was like 13 and now theyre tiny

give yourself a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    I guess now would be a bad time to say I wasnt being serious.
    Welp, if this was me from a year back, I'd be pissed but now lmfao you got me man ahahaha....

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.