Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Phone up universities and see if they would take you with the C C in English and Maths and start BTEC level 3 would be my advice if you are really eager. It is also important to take care of yourself and be in a good state of mind sleeping well, eating well, exercise etc.
    Cannot start level 3 until I complete level 2. Well it's life. You have made me feel like shi* but hey
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meggy99)
    That’s not very nice Emz... AidanAdam is working very hard on getting his dream job, and you never know what a persons past is! And what’s wrong with uni? Unless you’re dead certain on a career path, getting a degree is a good decision!
    University isn't for everyone and sometimes not even the best option. I know people with 3 A's who decided not to go to uni. There are also people who just get a degree for the sake of it and then work retail... It depends what OP wants out of life. Degrees are good in some cases and in my opinion most cases apprenticeships are better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    University isn't for everyone and sometimes not even the best option. I know people with 3 A's who decided not to go to uni. There are also people who just get a degree for the sake of it and then work retail... It depends what OP wants out of life. Degrees are good in some cases and in my opinion most cases apprenticeships are better.
    TBH I do feel very bad of myself so I'll jus log out and re evaluate my worth and my existence. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidenAdam-11)
    Cannot start level 3 until I complete level 2. Well it's life. You have made me feel like shi* but hey
    I am sorry you feel that way how is your health getting along? If you really want to do well you firstly need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. I know how hard it is honestly I do I would hardly eat anything and sleep for long periods of time had no interest in anything d felt suicidal. Then I contemplated my whole life and it was a bloody hard journey getting to where I am today and still sometimes I feel really down. If you work hard you can do great things everyone can. If you are feeling better I would recommend you redo GCSE's what were your other grades? It is hard to comment online on such things because I don't know how your supported by your parents financially and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    TBH I do feel very bad of myself so I'll jus log out and re evaluate my worth and my existence. Thanks!
    Look when you log back in we can talk maybe re-evaluating your life would be a good thing and we all should do it from time to time. However like I said in my lengthy message above Hard work always pays and it is never to late to achieve. I hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    I am sorry you feel that way how is your health getting along? If you really want to do well you firstly need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. I know how hard it is honestly I do I would hardly eat anything and sleep for long periods of time had no interest in anything d felt suicidal. Then I contemplated my whole life and it was a bloody hard journey getting to where I am today and still sometimes I feel really down. If you work hard you can do great things everyone can. If you are feeling better I would recommend you redo GCSE's what were your other grades? It is hard to comment online on such things because I don't know how your supported by your parents financially and stuff.
    Financially everything is blessed, I passed maths and English. I don't remember my other grades nor would I want to see them.
    I can just do level 3 and get into uni
    But your comments have torn my self confidence please be vigilant in what you say next time. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey Aiden!
    Going to university at 20 is completely fine! I have had a guy on my course who was 23 and just starting. In terms of what a university wants I would advise you to shop around and look at different programmes. There are a lot of universities which will accept different degrees. In the meantime have you considered work experience? I know you will be doing your level 2 and 3 but it is very valuable to have some sort of work or volunteering experience as that will set you apart from the masses and would also help you in the future!
    I wish you all the best and don't stress over it! You never know what you win when you lose and what you lose when you win, as my dad used to say.

ReputationRep:
    Financially everything is blessed, I passed maths and English. I don't remember my other grades nor would I want to see them.
    I can just do level 3 and get into uni
    But your comments have torn my self confidence please be vigilant in what you say next time. Thanks
    If your confidence is torn by something said online you need to become stronger. I am no troll either. I will ask again how do you feel mentally? Do you sleep/eat/ exercise well? instead of doing a level 2 BTEC why not do REDO your GCSE take on the challenge and pass them so you start feeling good about yourself you can do well in GCSE's. Many people struggle with A-Levels so doing a BTEC level 3 would be the better option and can get you into good universities with GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, don't listen to that Emz because she's just spouting s***.

Second, it isn't weird at all to go to uni at 20. I'm 20 and I just started a business foundation year at uni, so I can get on to criminology next year. I had mental health problems which stopped me from studying a while ago, and my highest grade is a Level 2 BTEC in Art.

It just really depends on what uni you want to go to. Mine is a little more lenient and they accepted my personal statement and willingness to learn - maybe a uni of your choosing would do the same!

Do you have a general idea of where you want to study?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Well, my GCSEs were terrible..I received my GCSE results in 2016 and I had only managed to secure a C C in maths and English.
    My friends who had failed maths were able to commence a level 3 Btec whereas I, for some reason was put on to a level 1 btec.
    I completed my level 1 and now at the age of 17 I am doing level 2. This means I will be doing level 3 whilst I am 19-20. If I get into uni I will be 20..
    My first stress is that will unis accept level 2 as equivalent to GCSE as I only have 2 and will I definitely get into uni as my teachers are always confused as of why I'm doing level 2 but if I pass level 3 will I get into uni and is it weird to start uni at early 20 ( I will turn 20 in august before uni period so will have just turned 20)

Thank You!!!
    Hi, I've moved your thread to the Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galahad_)
    First of all, don't listen to that Emz because she's just spouting s***.

Second, it isn't weird at all to go to uni at 20. I'm 20 and I just started a business foundation year at uni, so I can get on to criminology next year. I had mental health problems which stopped me from studying a while ago, and my highest grade is a Level 2 BTEC in Art.

It just really depends on what uni you want to go to. Mine is a little more lenient and they accepted my personal statement and willingness to learn - maybe a uni of your choosing would do the same!

Do you have a general idea of where you want to study?
    Hey! How did you get onto a access course isn't an A-Level or Btec required at its minimum
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Hey! How did you get onto a access course isn't an A-Level or Btec required at its minimum
    Check the specific entry requirements for each course, but no, A-levels aren't required. It taken instead of A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Check the specific entry requirements for each course, but no, A-levels aren't required. It taken instead of A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will do! Did you do level 3

I'm currently 17 and studying level 2, I believe I do have the potential but I don't want to do anymore time in College '
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I will do! Did you do level 3

I'm currently 17 and studying level 2, I believe I do have the potential but I don't want to do anymore time in College '
    Ah, AccessHE is generally for mature students (19+).

(I'm a parent not a student.)

ReputationRep:
    Ah, Access is generally for mature students (19+).

(I'm a parent not a student.)
    Oh okay thanks! Well I'm sure there's hope for everyone. I cannot change what's been done..
    Thanks
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thanks! Well I'm sure there's hope for everyone. I cannot change what's been done..
    Thanks
    You don't have to go to university. Have you looked at doing an apprenticeship instead? You might be able to progress to a Degree Apprenticeship.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to go to university. Have you looked at doing an apprenticeship instead? You might be able to progress to a Degree Apprenticeship.
    I want to go UNI to get knowledge in the course
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I want to go UNI to get knowledge in the course
    Which course?

Apprenticeships are a VERY good way of getting knowledge, and a degree apprenticehip is the same as a university degree. You study part-time at a university.

ReputationRep:
    We have almost same situation. I have started level 1 BTEC at 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyok)
    We have almost same situation. I have started level 1 BTEC at 18.
    And do you stress about your future like me.?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.