Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are Diagnostic Radiography degrees massively over subscribed. On the Salford Uni website it said there were 10 applicants fore 1 place?

ReputationRep:
    For my Radiography course they had 300 applicants for only 50 spaces... I was lucky to get in!

ReputationRep:
    Well, it really depends on how the recent changes (removal of bursary) will affect it, but in the past it was most certainly oversubscribed. My university said at my interviews back when I was a student that they had about 1100 applicants, would interview around 500, for around 60 places.

From what I've heard from placement tutors the application numbers didn't change all that much this year. A small drop but nothing significant. There's still a lot of competition.

I think the numbers are somewhat misleading though. Sure, they may have several applicants for each space, but out of those applicants, how many have maxed out their number of options on UCAS? If someone has an offer from four universities they can only take one of them.

In other words don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
      i applied at university of salford for diagnostic radiography and got offered a place without going for an interview, am i the only one because im starting to think they might have done it by accident...

ReputationRep:
      _mk u must be lucky 😂😂
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.