Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The moment you knew they were 'the one' Watch

ReputationRep:
    While I was looking through a buzzfeed article on people discussing how they knew they've found 'the one' I felt inspired and decided to see if the many individuals of TSR have gone through this.

SO, type away and tell us about your experiences on the moment you knew they were 'the one'.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: gifgiphy.gif (190.2 KB)

When they told me they didn't read Buzzfeed <3

ReputationRep:
      Im still waiting for that feeling to happen even tho I've had countless number of feelings for girls and id just get dropped or Id be in a relationship and things wouldnt work out but it might be my being careful like since I just have a bad history with keeping a relationship

ReputationRep:
      The first time I laid eyes on him. I'm not one to be convinced by the idea of love at first sight, and writing this did kind of make me roll my eyes, but from the first time I saw him I knew we were each other's other half. Unfortunately he was married, so it wasn't until his marriage broke up, after years of friendship that we got together. It's been 17 years, 14 together and nearly 4 married, and I still get little shocks in the heart when I look at him.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by angerypenguin)
      when he told me i had nothing to lose but my chains <3
      aww thats soo cute. I hope u guys last long

(Original post by Beckit)
        The first time I laid eyes on him. I'm not one to be convinced by the idea of love at first sight, and writing this did kind of make me roll my eyes, but from the first time I saw him I knew we were each other's other half. Unfortunately he was married, so it wasn't until his marriage broke up, after years of friendship that we got together. It's been 17 years, 14 together and nearly 4 married, and I still get little shocks in the heart when I look at him.
        You broke apart his marriage over the course of 3 years?

Traumatically enough for him to wait another 10 years before considering marriage again?

(Original post by okayjenn)
          aww thats soo cute. I hope u guys last long
          He's dead, but he'll always be in my heart <3

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Nash_w)
          Im still waiting for that feeling to happen even tho I've had countless number of feelings for girls and id just get dropped or Id be in a relationship and things wouldnt work out but it might be my being careful like since I just have a bad history with keeping a relationship
          Honestly, you shouldn't rush relationships, you should look for someone that is willing to talk through the troubles in your past. For me, trust and being able to talk to each other about your wants and things that are bothering you in the relationship are the most important things in a relationship. Best of luck for your future relationship :-) don't lose hope.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Beckit)
          Aww it's really nice that you've got to bond and grow together. If I may ask, why did his marriage break off?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by AngeryPenguin)
          He's dead, but he'll always be in my heart <3
          Oh dear, i'm so sorry to hear that. Condolences to you <3

ReputationRep:
          Honestly, you shouldn't rush relationships, you should look for someone that is willing to talk through the troubles in your past. For me, trust and being able to talk to each other about your wants and things that are bothering you in the relationship are the most important things in a relationship. Best of luck for your future relationship :-) don't lose hope.
          Hey thanks! Its not really a loss of hope I just kinda acknowledge im not the best with relationships. Its like a mixture of trust since Ive been cheated on, I struggle with being loyal and not cheating so Id rather stay single atm so I dont break a heart. I got tons of confidence in myself that it will happen I mean like im not ugly i got a personalty (Not the best but unique). But thanks again :-)

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Nash_w)
          Hey thanks! Its not really a loss of hope I just kinda acknowledge im not the best with relationships. Its like a mixture of trust since Ive been cheated on, I struggle with being loyal and not cheating so Id rather stay single atm so I dont break a heart. I got tons of confidence in myself that it will happen I mean like im not ugly i got a personalty (Not the best but unique). But thanks again :-)
          Aww np. And struggle with being loyal? Is that because you've gotten bored of the girls or are they just don't have what you're looking for in them?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by AngeryPenguin)
          You broke apart his marriage over the course of 3 years?

Traumatically enough for him to wait another 10 years before considering marriage again?
          No, I was his and his ex's friend for 3 years. They broke up because they were unhappy together. It had nothing to do with me.
          We got engaged after less than a year together. It took time for us to get married because weddings are really really expensive. Also because we prioritised dealing with first his daughters death, then his parents terminal illnesses and then deaths, and then his terminal illness, which he has since had a double transplant for. Shockingly, these things take priority. He has been through plenty of trauma, and heartbreak, I have been by his side throughout it, sometimes literally carrying him through it, but never causing it.

ReputationRep:
          Aww np. And struggle with being loyal? Is that because you've gotten bored of the girls or are they just don't have what you're looking for in them?
          Kinda like that its like I just hey theres you but im starting to like this girl and this one too. Its more of just keep getting interested in multiple girls so Ill like someone for a long time but start to keep on liking new people and like them more for a little bit

ReputationRep:
          Aww it's really nice that you've got to bond and grow together. If I may ask, why did his marriage break off?
          Thank you. It's not my place to go into the reasons why they broke up, surffice to say they were unhappy together.
          • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
          When he said he was fine with my cats sleeping on the bed with us. I just had to marry him after that

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Rum Ham)
          When he said he was fine with my cats sleeping on the bed with us. I just had to marry him after that
          Ahahaha awww <3

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Rum Ham)
          Too right!

ReputationRep:
          when she told me Thatcherism was the one true ideology
          • TSR Community Team
          • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
          When she said "Yes you can use some of my sweet chilli sauce" ..

Fox Corner

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.